Personally I think the chances of your step daughter getting a visitors visa are slim to none. I doubt many parents would relinquish their Child back to China for the visa process to continue. It seems pretty obvious that your intent would be to keep the child and adjust status here. I know I would in your shoes. The consulate knows that too. They would almost assuredly deny the visa. Much as you want to hurry the process, it is beyond your control. It will take as long as it takes. My best guess is 8-14 months.

That seems so unreasonably cruel.

SURELY there is some way to reunite a baby and her mother! :lol:

Personally I think the chances of your step daughter getting a visitors visa are slim to none. I doubt many parents would relinquish their Child back to China for the visa process to continue. It seems pretty obvious that your intent would be to keep the child and adjust status here. I know I would in your shoes. The consulate knows that too. They would almost assuredly deny the visa. Much as you want to hurry the process, it is beyond your control. It will take as long as it takes. My best guess is 8-14 months.

What you said is in line with what I was thinking. Looks like we'll have to dig in for a wait.

What you said is in line with what I was thinking. Looks like we'll have to dig in for a wait.

It sucks I know but so does almost everything about the visa process. The fact the child is so young bodes well in your favor. I can't imagine that security checks and name checks need to be done on a 6 year old.