Everyday Something New

I called the NVC and they said the same thing, interview where you got married, which is HK. (monday call)

Today I called the Mesquite Center, the lady was great. She told me file K3 to the Dallas Office and after I receive a reply with my number file a I-129F and send that into the address on the reply. The Visa interview would be in HK where we got married.

My question is why another form to file I-129F ?

She also stated that my Fiancee App. would fall to the wayside filing the K3.

Obviously they are trying to get you to spend more money. The CR1 is sufficient. You do not need the K3 IMHO.

Correct, lawyers love the K-3, they like the extra billing for the I-129F, and then later the extra billing for AOS in the states.

With he increased fees of AOS, K-3 can be an expensive visa.

I really wonder if the K-3 would be much faster than the CR1 in Hong Kong. Most visas go really fast in Hong Kong. So really the longest part would most probably be in the states. Its possible the K-3 approval there would be faster but I wonder by how much. To me getting a CR1 would be worth the extra delay anyway because then you wouldn't need to worry about the AOS stuff.

Gale

You don't have to file K-3 but it is usually faster than a CR-1.

One other thing I think there would be a much better chance of getting the CR1 approved in Hong Kong then getting the K-3 approved in China due to the fact that he has already been white slipped on the K-1 in China.

Gale

I really wonder if the K-3 would be much faster than the CR1 in Hong Kong. Most visas go really fast in Hong Kong. So really the longest part would most probably be in the states. Its possible the K-3 approval there would be faster but I wonder by how much. To me getting a CR1 would be worth the extra delay anyway because then you wouldn't need to worry about the AOS stuff.

Gale

You don't have to file K-3 but it is usually faster than a CR-1.