A lawyer the wife knows called and the Consulate siad the file was returned to the USA.

So, do I have to wait to get a final letter from the State Dept ??? That might take another year !!!!!

Do I re-file and submit as wife now???

Do I appeal this ??? ( when I receive notice )

This dog is not going to sit and roll over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lawyer the wife knows called and the Consulate siad the file was returned to the USA.

So, do I have to wait to get a final letter from the State Dept ??? That might take another year !!!!!

Indeed. You have a very long road ahead of you. Anticipate at least a year for any kind of resolution. Getting married in the midst of all this was not the wisest move.

At this point, you're going to need a competent immigration attorney in the US to help you with this. I do not believe you can resolve this by yourself.

Guest Rob & Jin

Sorry you are having such a hard time, must be hell ;) i think you need a good lawyer, give her a call" Legalgroupatty@aol.com" she is ours, seems to know her stuff, good luck to the both of you.

Rob & Jin

Now if the file has made it back to the US things are moving along well and you are in the queue. You might want to call NVC to check the status as it must pass through them first. You will need the GUZ number for this. They can tell you if it has arrived and where it was sent, as well as if it has arrived at the service center assigned for processing.

The service center will send you a NOID letter, Notice of Intent to Deny, this is the USCIS providing you with the opportunity to dispute the findings from GZ. You will not be dealing with DOS, but the USCIS.

The NOID will provide you with the opportunity to challenge the decision and the cases like yours are usually overturned based on what you have posted. GZ did not want to accept the reason you didn't have airline tickets and didn't request any followup information. You definitely want an attorney who has a success rate with NOID, it is not the time for on the job training.

Be extremely careful about the deadline they provide, usually 30 days, because missing this date is an automatic denial. But no matter what you want to challenge the NOID, even if you have gotten married. A denial can make getting a CR-1 or K-3 visa much more difficult when it gets back to GUZ.

If you haven't gotten married yet, hold off because once a case makes it back to the US the time frame for getting it returned to China for a return interview is usually faster than the K-3 visa process.