Is AOS next stage?

Well, Limei has been here since June 6th. Since then she has gotten her ss# and we were married last Saturday. I presume that the next stage is AOS. Is there a time frame that we must meet? ie: When we must start application proceedings. Is there anything else that we are suppose to be doing? I would hate to screw things up now! Is this process a pain in the butt. Is it simple enough to do on our own or should I have an attorney overseeing the process?

Congratulations on your marriage, Robert.

No, there really isn't anything set in stone on when to file AOS after arrival and marriage but the USCIS leaves it to the good faith of the applicant to file in a timely manner. The IO will certainly question an applicant during the appointment on any tardiness.

If money is any incentive to file then you better hurry up! Fees go up in about 11 days!

-good luck

No, there really isn't anything set in stone on when to file AOS after arrival and marriage but the USCIS leaves it to the good faith of the applicant to file in a timely manner. The IO will certainly question an applicant during the appointment on any tardiness.

If money is any incentive to file then you better hurry up! Fees go up in about 11 days!

-good luck

Can I get done what needs to be done in 11 days? Don't I have to find a civil surgeon or something? I hate stress to save a few dollars! Actually we want to take a week trip to Va. to start exploring for a new homestead. What if we just hire you to manage the process for us?????? I hate paperwork to! Reason why we used an agency for the K-1 process. Although that was a ripoff!!

Edited by robert (see edit history)

-good luck

Can I get done what needs to be done in 11 days? Don't I have to find a civil surgeon or something? I hate stress to save a few dollars! Actually we want to take a week trip to Va. to start exploring for a new homestead. What if we just hire you to manage the process for us?????? I hate paperwork to! Reason why we used an agency for the K-1 process. Although that was a ripoff!!

You can prepare all the paperwork in that time, The vaccination supplement "MAY" be included as per the I-485 instructions, if you cannot get that done in time, just send the package with out it, and if they want it they will send you and RFE, or just ask you to bring to the AOS interview.

The fee for just AOS is $395, and EAD is $180 starting July 30 the fee will be $1010 for (AOS/EAD/AP) one price for all 3

The complete procedure can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)