DCF I-130 Address Question

Hello,

I am the USC who will be filing the I-130 in Beijing very soon. We have everything ready to file however I have just one question about Line B2 which asks for my address. I have searched high and low for an answer to this question with no clear answer. My wife and I are currently living together here in Shanghai so it makes sense to me to put my China address on line B2. Is there any reason to put a US address here (i.e. my families residence in the US?). For a USC doing DCF it only makes sense to me that I put my Chinese address on line B2.

Also, on I-130 Line 21, can I put our current address where we live together here in China or should I put the address when we lived together in school in the US (we weren't married yet in school)?

One other quick question about the G325A, during a 5 year period of time (my undergraduate school), I spent half the year at school in one state and half the year at work in another state. I've placed both addresses on my form G325A with the correct dates. I'm just worried they won't like the idea that the dates overlap. I have noted this clearly in my cover letter. The other option is, should I just put my fathers address which I used as a mailing address for these 5 years during my undergrad. I didn't in fact actually live at my fathers address for those 5 years during my undergrad however I used that address for everything official (drivers license, taxes, etc...)

Thanks!

Best,

Nick

Edited by Nick&Ran (see edit history)

I put our address in China. You are DCF-ing, so naturally, your current address should be in China.

As so your other address question, I think it should be fine to put your 2 college addresses, since you mention it in your cover letter. It shouldn't be a problem.

A few things:

• If you have not been filing IRS returns, you had better file them late, DCF results in a CR-1 or IR-1 visa process, which requires I-864 to be used for the affidavit of support, I-864 requires 1 to 3 years IRS return data, or a very good explanation why you did not file. You can use a joint sponsor living in the USA, but you still have to provide an I-864 because you have to be the primary sponsor for your spouse.
  • I-864 requires the person to be domiciled in the USA, so you need to show and prove domicile in the USA, your US address may be a parent's home, and you still get mail, and perhaps have an unexpired driver's license showing that address as your domicile address.

If you have let your domicile lapse, you may want to work on re-establishing that USA domicile, or you will run into major problems come interview time.

Domicile issue:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=304150

Yeah, you will need to show the previous 3 years tax returns, so if you haven't been filing, go ahead and do so... I hadn't been... As long as you've been making less than around $80K a year, you won't need to pay (isn't that expat exemption nice!).

I believe for the initial forms, we used our address in China, and for the later, now that dnoblett mentiones it, I used my address in the US (I returned 4 months before my wife)... Doesn't it ask for "Intended address in the US?" In some places I used my parents address... But I know that on the initial forms, I used our address in China.

It seems kind of dumb to need to prove domicile... For DCF-ing, you have to be a resident in the country that you are filing in...

Thanks a lot! This helps much. Yes fortunately we have both filed taxes for the past three years (she was a graduate student so she was also required to file tax returns). We both still have our drivers licenses as well. I don't think they'll be too happy with the #'s they see on our tax returns however since we were both students. I intend to use the offer letter my company will give me along with a very recent letter from my company showing my us salary. We inted to file DCF then midway I'll head back to the US and work for three months or more and send some pay stubs in.

This site has been extremely helpful, I hope to learn and help others as I learn!

best,

Nick

Thanks a lot! This helps much. Yes fortunately we have both filed taxes for the past three years (she was a graduate student so she was also required to file tax returns). We both still have our drivers licenses as well. I don't think they'll be too happy with the #'s they see on our tax returns however since we were both students. I intend to use the offer letter my company will give me along with a very recent letter from my company showing my us salary. We inted to file DCF then midway I'll head back to the US and work for three months or more and send some pay stubs in.

This site has been extremely helpful, I hope to learn and help others as I learn!

best,

Nick

Sounds like you have a very good plan and domicile wont be an issue.

:)

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem... It might be a good idea to get a co-sponsor though. In my case I used my parents... My new salary was more than sufficient, but my previous 3 years salary was $0. Like I said, I used my parents, but I also included my offer letter and some pay stubs.