Cover Letter question

I filed a petition using the form I-130 with uscis on 6/15. It has had nothing done on it so far.

On my cover letter I said I would be processing the k3 visa path (before I learned that meant they would hold my I-130).

Now I have decided no, I will just stick with the I-130 route.

Do I need to do anything to correct the statement on my cover page, or since it isn't a real document it doesn't matter?

If it needs changing, how do I go about telling them I changed my mind?

I tried calling to talk to a human, but I couldn't find any path that led to a human.

Edited by credzba (see edit history)

Sometimes they do ... and sometimes they don't ...

Lao Po's AOS cover letter was for a package consisting of AOS, EAD, and AP. It requested that they issue the Green Card and the EAD in her married name.

It worked for the EAD, it did not for the GC. When I resubmitted for a GC under her married name I pointed out that we had requested married name in the original cover letter and requested waiver of fee. They waived the fee.

I filed a petition using the form I-130 with uscis on 6/15. It has had nothing done on it so far.

On my cover letter I said I would be processing the k3 visa path (before I learned that meant they would hold my I-130).

Now I have decided no, I will just stick with the I-130 route.

Do I need to do anything to correct the statement on my cover page, or since it isn't a real document it doesn't matter?

If it needs changing, how do I go about telling them I changed my mind?

I tried calling to talk to a human, but I couldn't find any path that led to a human.

If you have filed the I-129F, they will forward it to Guangzhou, and keep the I-130 stateside, unless you file the I-824 to request that the I-130 also be forwarded.

If you haven't filed the I-129F, the I-130 will automatically be forwarded.

The choice is yours.

If you want to cover all bases without having to pay the fee for the I-824, file the I-129F AFTER you learn that the I-130 has been forwarded to Guangzhou.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)