Notarial marriage certificate

For DCF send them an original one, with English translation, and get another one for your records, for the future.

You are not required to submit original documents but you must be able to produce them on request.

If you have two I agree it's probably wise to send an original.

You'll need an original in the US also ... and being a belt and suspenders kind of guy we have two originals here in the US for my girls.

I sent them a copy of all 4 pages (2 chinese, 2 english), but DCF might be different than K3. I also sent them copies of all the pages in the little red marriage book as well.

Did you also send them the certified translations of the red book pages as well?

I sent them a copy of all 4 pages (2 chinese, 2 english), but DCF might be different than K3. I also sent them copies of all the pages in the little red marriage book as well.

Did you also send them the certified translations of the red book pages as well?

That's what the white book is (2 pages in chinese, 2 in engrish). So yes. :drunk:

That's what the white book is (2 pages in chinese, 2 in engrish). So yes. :drunk:

Then the red book page copies serve as a back up for the white book. Let's hope the consulate has time to compare the two.

That's what the white book is (2 pages in chinese, 2 in engrish). So yes. :o

Then the red book page copies serve as a back up for the white book. Let's hope the consulate has time to compare the two.

Well, the red book doesn't really have any information in it. Just names, date of marriage, national IDs(my passport number) and that's about it really, beside the picture.

Somehow they turned that little bit of info into a paragraph or two of text. :lol:

For the CR1 visa, we had to also submit our second notarized booklet at the interview, so definitely send your SO to get a couple more notarized copies for your life in the US.

I also suggested my husband get notarized translations of his college degree and high school diploma while he was at it - that might prove useful when looking for a job.

You know, while we were in beautiful downtown Guangzhou, at the Notary Office, I just made a decision to make multiple Notarized copies (white books w/watermarks) of most of our documents.

I did not like the 'look' of the photocopies of these items, so I supplied an original with each I-130 and also the I-129F. Each original had an original color marriage photo of the two us attached. However, I did not include any copies of the red marriage book, as this was a moot point, I felt, when you have the official notarized items included.

I also did this for the birth certificates of Lao Po and daughter as well as their passports. Moreover, I went one extra step and included the Family Registry Book information for both wife and daughter, in white book format.

Bottom line. I had multiple white books included in my case files.

Necessary ?? Most likely not.

Felt better doing it this way ?? Yes. :D