Just checking to make sure all my ducks are in a row. Tomorrow at 2:30 PM me and Lisa have an appointment with the CS nurse in Toledo. Last week I took Lisa to the local health department to get her inoculations (Tdap, Vari vax and MMR) I then called the CS in Toledo and told them that Lisa didn't need a physical nor did she need any of the inoculations and that she only needed the I-693A filled out for us. She said that we will probably only see a staff nurse to get the supplement filled out. I then asked her what papers we'd need when we arrive to see the nurse. She said we'd need a paper that shows that we need a CS physical (probably referring to the 693)

So, the paperwork I'm taking to the appointment tomorrow is her sealed physical papers from GZ, the filled out I-485 papers that haven¡¯t been submitted yet and her Adult Immunization Record. Am I making any mistakes here? Will I need any other paperwork as a just in case?

I can¡¯t make any mistakes at this stage of the game, because times running out to get the AOS filed prior to the expensive deadline.

Thanks; Clare & Lisa

A lot of people have got a lot of mixed results depending on where they went. I only brought the I-693A and proof of her immunizations. That should really be all they need, because all they are doing is certifying that she has had them, and you are paying for that service. It's not really their business why you're doing it.

I remember some members having it out with someone who insisted they needed another full physical, and they wouldn't do only the supplement. Under no circumstances should you unseal that envelope, no matter what they ask you for.

I-485 instruction sheet:

¡°If you are a K-1 fiancee or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.¡±

I-693 FAQ:

¡°If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.¡±

Just let them know that you DO NOT NEED a physical because you are NOT SUBMITTING A PHYSICAL with the [i-485] paperwork!! You only need to submit a VACCINATION SUPPLEMENT.

---

Bring above forms as needed and:

1. Passport with I-94 attached

2. Vaccination book or any proof of past vaccinations via blood test results

I-485 instruction sheet:

¡°If you are a K-1 fiancee or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.¡±

I-693 FAQ:

¡°If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.¡±

Just let them know that you DO NOT NEED a physical because you are NOT SUBMITTING A PHYSICAL with the [i-485] paperwork!! You only need to submit a VACCINATION SUPPLEMENT.

---

Thanks David;

I've got everything prepared with the exception of the I-693 FAQ. I can't find it. It's not with the I-693 instructions. I've looked on the Visa Journey, USCIS and Google'd it. I'm sure it's out there but it's evading me.

I-485 instruction sheet:

“If you are a K-1 fiancee or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc�(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.”

I-693 FAQ:

“If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.”

---

Thanks David;

I've got everything prepared with the exception of the I-693 FAQ. I can't find it. It's not with the I-693 instructions. I've looked on the Visa Journey, USCIS and Google'd it. I'm sure it's out there but it's evading me.

Visit a US Civil surgeon to get the vaccination info transfered from vaccination book to an I-693A (Supplement)

SEE:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Look on the right side of that page for Vaccination Supplement, and where to find a Civil Surgeon.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I-485 instruction sheet:

¡°If you are a K-1 fiancee or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc�(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.¡±

I-693 FAQ:

---

Thanks David;

Visit a US Civil surgeon to get the vaccination info transfered from vaccination book to an I-693A (Supplement)

SEE:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Look on the right side of that page for Vaccination Supplement, and where to find a Civil Surgeon.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

Yup I've seen both of these links and I'm taking the form with me today, but neither depicts the I-693 FAQ that David has referenced to me twice now. I can't find the verbatim FAQ.

Yup I've seen both of these links and I'm taking the form with me today, but neither depicts the I-693 FAQ that David has referenced to me twice now. I can't find the verbatim FAQ.

FAQ = Frequently Asked Question there is no "I-693 FAQ" form, David is referring to the I-693 Frequently Asked Question page, on USCIS old website from before their upgrade last fall.

Dead link: http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

USCIS kept the old site up, just no domain name just, an IP to refer to the site.

SEE: http://149.101.23.2/graphics/i-693faq.htm

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

FAQ = Frequently Asked Question there is no "I-693 FAQ" form, David is referring to the I-693 Frequently Asked Question page, on USCIS old website from before their upgrade last fall.

Dead link: http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

USCIS kept the old site up, just no domain name just, an IP to refer to the site.

SEE: http://149.101.23.2/graphics/i-693faq.htm

Ah Ha, i figured it was with USCIS but I couldn't find it. Last time David referenced it to me I felt dumb because I couldn't find it, so I never asked that time. This time I was pulling hair trying to find the FAQ, so I asked.

Thanks dnoblett

Wow, I got off cheap. Me and Lisa waited 2 1/2 hours before the nurse saw us at the CS office in Toledo, OH. The whole time I sat there with nothing but negative thoughts running through my mind. There couldn't have been too many as it's small. Anyway I figured they'd find something wrong and reschedule another appointment delaying our submittal and making it dangerously close to the new fee structure. Well all she did was ask a few questions pertaining to me knowing what I¡¯m doing (she didn¡¯t want me to have to come back because I did something wrong). I pointed out the procedure from page 3 of the I-485 instructions depicting that the physical isn¡¯t necessary if done within one year of her last physical. I told her that Lisa just had a physical in China in March 07, she said OK then reminded me that we¡¯ll need to follow up on the second shot for varicella (she marked the I-693A as shot not complete on the VAR) then went off for the signature from the CS. She returned with a sealed envelope and a copy for me and a bill for $29.00 then she gave me a gift card to Kroger¡¯s for $10 because we waited so long. I told her it wasn¡¯t necessary but she insisted. So it only cost us $19 to get our supplemental form I-693A completed. This was a shot in the arm as I never expected them to be so nice and friendly. I give them an A+

The whole time I sat there with nothing but negative thoughts running through my mind. There couldn't have been too many as it's small. Anyway I figured they'd find something wrong and reschedule another appointment delaying our submittal and making it dangerously close to the new fee structure.

and what was your wife thinking at this same time... :P

glad it all worked out...

The whole time I sat there with nothing but negative thoughts running through my mind. There couldn't have been too many as it's small. Anyway I figured they'd find something wrong and reschedule another appointment delaying our submittal and making it dangerously close to the new fee structure.

She can't read all of the nightmares that couples go through, so she was oblivious. Kinda like, what you don't know doesn't hurt you. Sweet bliss!

She can't read all of the nightmares that couples go through, so she was oblivious. Kinda like, what you don't know doesn't hurt you. Sweet bliss!

yep... it's a blessing in disguise that we're married to... :o