ap question

is it possible for my fiancee to get ap. ? there is family emergency and she needs to go now. will this screw up the whole k-1 process?? cuz she needs to go now is the 90 day window still in effect? At wits end !!! Thanx for any answers .....90 days up aug 22

First ... get married

Second ... study AP on the USCIS site, write the best rationale in the world, make an InfoPass apointment to present your case and pray.

I think there is some chance.

What you don't want is for her to leave the US without AP.

kinda what i thought, and marriage is difinitely not going to happen before an AP, even if possible. So it sounds like SOL !

I am not sure if GUZ or other consulates in China do it but the K-1 can be reissued with an expire date set to the expire date on the I-94 card, that is the original 90 day clock keeps ticking when out of country.

The consulate can re-issue your K-1 visa with validity ending at the end of the current 90 day period on your I-94.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.3 Reissuance of K-1 Visa (TL:VISA-2; 08-30-1987)

If a K-1 visa, valid for a single entry and a six-month period, has already been used for admission into the United States and the alien fianc¨¦(e) has returned abroad prior to the marriage, the consular officer may issue a new K visa, provided that the period of validity does not exceed the 90th day after the date of initial admission of the alien on the original K visa and provided also that the petitioner and beneficiary still intend and are free to marry. The alien¡¯s return to the United States and marriage to the petitioner must take place within 90 days from the date of the original admission into the United States in K status.

http://foia.state.gov/searchRegs/vv_docVie...QueryText=k%2D1

I am not sure if GUZ or other consulates in China do it but the K-1 can be reissued with an expire date set to the expire date on the I-94 card, that is the original 90 day clock keeps ticking when out of country.

The consulate can re-issue your K-1 visa with validity ending at the end of the current 90 day period on your I-94.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.3 Reissuance of K-1 Visa (TL:VISA-2; 08-30-1987)

If a K-1 visa, valid for a single entry and a six-month period, has already been used for admission into the United States and the alien fianc¨¦(e) has returned abroad prior to the marriage, the consular officer may issue a new K visa, provided that the period of validity does not exceed the 90th day after the date of initial admission of the alien on the original K visa and provided also that the petitioner and beneficiary still intend and are free to marry. The alien¡¯s return to the United States and marriage to the petitioner must take place within 90 days from the date of the original admission into the United States in K status.

http://foia.state.gov/searchRegs/vv_docVie...QueryText=k%2D1

Wow, very interesting. Nice find Dan! :sosad:

It would be interesting to find out if GUZ has ever issued a "reissuance K-1" visa.

I'm sure it's been in 9FAM a long time.. we've discussed it here before. but 9FAM is not law.

If you leave without AP, your taking a big risk. I've read of some who apply and leave; USC sends the AP to china.. worth the risk? not my call.

Get the AP the right way is the safest bet... else, try the above which has a window to work within...