My wife received the "we are transfering your case to CA" letter and had her ASO biometrics apointment in early Feb. of this year. Now, it has been over 4 months with no other touches, (no interview, Request for Info., etc). Any advice on what could be going on? How can she "speed" this thing up?

Thanks and good luck to all.

Go to USCIS case status web-site, and enter your Application Receipt Number. The information you get there (and "FBI Security Check") will be all that anyone can tell you.

This is what ours says:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 9, 2006, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

The EAD and AP are processed separately, so they should not affect your AOS. But they give your wife something to do (like drive, work, open bank accounts, credit cards, go to other countries, including China) while waiting.

You can apply for EAD and AP at any time - just include a copy of your NOA1 AOS receipt.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)