I'm lost... B)

I'm filing the...

I-485 AOS

G-325A biographic

I-131 AP

I-765 EAD

As per the I-864 Affidavit of Support instructions. I don't fill out this form until it is mailed to me. CORRECT?

I want to file everything else together. The EAD intructions say we can file the EAD along with the 485. Put in same envelope? Seperate checks?

Should the 131 be seperate or can it be in the same envelope?

For the EAD. It says to mail at the same place as our AOS. But on the EAD instructions it shows the Nebraska address, (we live in colorado). But on the AOS instructions, we are to mail to the Chicago address.

I-131 Part 2 Application type:

a. I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the US and I am applying for a reentry permit.

d. I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the US after temporary foreign travel.

a or d?

They want to know expected time departure and return dates. Also the reason. Anything will do?

Sorry for all the questions.

I'm lost... B)

I'm filing the...

I-485 AOS

G-325A biographic

I-131 AP

I-765 EAD

As per the I-864 Affidavit of Support instructions. I don't fill out this form until it is mailed to me. CORRECT?

You mail the I864 with the I485

I want to file everything else together. The EAD intructions say we can file the EAD along with the 485. Put in same envelope? Seperate checks?

For the EAD. It says to mail at the same place as our AOS. But on the EAD instructions it shows the Nebraska address, (we live in colorado). But on the AOS instructions, we are to mail to the Chicago address.

Yes - applications are separate, checks are separate, but MUST be mailed in the same envelope. Otherwise, you will need a copy of the NOA1 to include with the I131 and EAD.

a. I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the US and I am applying for a reentry permit.

d. I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the US after temporary foreign travel.

a or d? d

They want to know expected time departure and return dates. Also the reason. Anything will do? yes

I'm lost... B)

I'm filing the...

I-485 AOS

G-325A biographic

I-131 AP

I-765 EAD

You mail the I864 with the I485

Yes - applications are separate, checks are separate, but MUST be mailed in the same envelope. Otherwise, you will need a copy of the NOA1 to include with the I131 and EAD.

a or d? d

They want to know expected time departure and return dates. Also the reason. Anything will do? yes

Thx Randy for the quick response.

As for my wifes last name. She will be taking my last name at some point. Is it best to continue using her last name for all the applications and just have it changed when we go for her green card appt.?

It is easier to change her name right after you marry when you go to get her SSN. Here is how we did it.

After we married we took a certified copy of our marriage licence and her passport with I-94 and visa inside to the SSA office and applied for her SSN in her married name. The SS card came about 4 days later. Next stop was the DMV where with a certified copy of the marriage licence, her SS card, passport and an envelope that had been delivered in the mail addressed to her (the SS Card envelope worked for this) we got her a state ID card. Next stop was the bank where we put her on all of the bank accounts. This is good evidence for AOS.

Fill out all the AOS papers in her legal married name. She can take your last name, keep her maiden name or have a hyphenated last name such as Smith-Jones. She can not change her given name however.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)