Something new to me...

Hello All,

I experienced an unexpected custom yesterday....I am in Zhaoqing visiting my SO's family....we had a big dinner at the family home last night....I had brought many gifts for family...a suitcase full(a large one!!!)....I got some nice gifts in return....then Baba gives me and Aiwen each a small red velvet pouch....."Engagement gift!" he says. Inside mine is a beautiful gold ring with symbols and it's kind of heavy....yellow gold..,..Aiwen's is gold with an oval jade inset into it. I've never heard of receiving rings like this...it's a wonderful gift....

Now, how do I buy wedding rings, etc. without losing face and to keep Mama and Baba happy, and show them I like THEIR gift very much?....Help me, folks.......

Steve

Hello All,

I experienced an unexpected custom yesterday....I am in Zhaoqing visiting my SO's family....we had a big dinner at the family home last night....I had brought many gifts for family...a suitcase full(a large one!!!)....I got some nice gifts in return....then Baba gives me and Aiwen each a small red velvet pouch....."Engagement gift!" he says. Inside mine is a beautiful gold ring with symbols and it's kind of heavy....yellow gold..,..Aiwen's is gold with an oval jade inset into it. I've never heard of receiving rings like this...it's a wonderful gift....

Now, how do I buy wedding rings, etc. without losing face and to keep Mama and Baba happy, and show them I like THEIR gift very much?....Help me, folks.......

Steve

Why would you need to buy other wedding rings and why could you not use the rings the father gave you, at least for now?