If you file before AOS the EAD will expire at the same time as the I-94 (90 days from entry to USA) in your passport (Waste of $$ because it can take up to 90 days to get EAD, file for EAD at the same time as AOS include it in with the AOS paperwork, or after filling the AOS paperwork.

A Good Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3ead

The temporary EAD does not cost any money, but is virtually a waste to apply for as stated above (as opposed to getting it at POE, where at least you've got it as soon as possible).

Best to file with AOS or afterwards as e-file EAD.

Is anyone aware of any advantage to the EAD stamp, as opposed to NOT having the EAD stamp? You're qualified for an SS card, either way. Either way, you would be promising a prospective employer that you are eligible for and would be applying for the 1 year EAD card.

Thx everyone! Sounds like we will be waiting and file it with the AOS. I can't believe how expensive it is to file these forms.

I-131 $170

I-485 $325

I-765 $180

Sure hoping the I-485 doesn't need the supplemental A which is $1000

;)

Shots/civil surgeon will be about

$200

The temporary EAD does not cost any money, but is virtually a waste to apply for as stated above (as opposed to getting it at POE, where at least you've got it as soon as possible).

Best to file with AOS or afterwards as e-file EAD.

Is anyone aware of any advantage to the EAD stamp, as opposed to NOT having the EAD stamp? You're qualified for an SS card, either way. Either way, you would be promising a prospective employer that you are eligible for and would be applying for the 1 year EAD card.

work can be secured with it.. then it's up to the employer whether the 'gap' (between it expiring and you've filed for the non-temp one) is something they will make an issue of... based on their reading of the I-9...

Shots/civil surgeon will be about

$200

Has it been over a year since her K1 medical exam? If you are still in the window the civil surgeon should be less than $50.

Get the shots for free or almost so in a public health clinic and telephone shop until you find a civil surgeon who will honor the public health clinic shot record and sign off on the I-693 Appendix A Vaccination Supplement for less than a $50 fee.