Supporting evidence catch 22's

Ok things like cable bill, utilities bills, etc., are easy to get her on. Even car insurance, even though she is an excluded driver.

But loans - nope. We bought a car 'together' but I couldn't get her on the loan because she didn't have an SSN. I can't on the house because to change it, I would need a refinance, and she would need an SSN. In fact my @#$%^& ex is still on the home loan and the stupid bank won't change it, even with quit claim in hand.

So how important is the paper trail? Photos, oh we have tons. Correspondence? Tons of that too, plus little things we've given each other since her arrival.

I am just stressing.

What I really want is to have an interview for a 10 year green card, and have it go smoothly. In the 10 year period, she will apply for citizenship, get it, and that will be that.

is that so much to ask for?

Stress is natural. We've all been there (or will) and things like this can be very stressfull on a person so just know that you're not alone and hopefully that can bring some relief.

It's good that you have her name on the bills. This shows residency. Bring them to the appointment, even junkmail with her name on it. This all shows residency and that's a good thing. It gives her domicile and that's what the IO's look for.

It's not so bad that her name isn't on the house. I'm sure one day it will be and you can tell the IO this should it come up.

Take alot of pictures to the appointment. Our IO looked mainly at the pics. The whole appointment was relaxed and everything went well. I'm sure yours will go well too so try not to sweat it too bad.

The main thing is that if you know, and your wife knows, that the relationship is a good one, then the IO will know it too.

-good luck and call CIS to inquire about rescheduling

How about adding her name to your bank accounts?

Here in ny state my bank requires a ss number,utility bill to show residence

An ITIN will work in place of an SSN. My bank wanted a second form of ID like a utility bill too but I convinced them to use the Visa itself which is picture ID. It saved me 20 minutes driving round trip to get the utility bill.