ring size

Here is another couple of links. ring size

And a conversion chart

I am having the same problem with Zhen. She says her finger measures 55 mm in circumference and 1.5 cm in diameter. This equals about a size 7.25 in US sizes. That is about the size of my little finger which I guess is possible but I guess I won't know for sure until March when I arrive in Beijing.

Good luck

And a conversion chart

I am having the same problem with Zhen. She says her finger measures 55 mm in circumference and 1.5 cm in diameter. This equals about a size 7.25 in US sizes. That is about the size of my little finger which I guess is possible but I guess I won't know for sure until March when I arrive in Beijing.

Good luck

If jim says a size 5 is probably too big......then your 7.25 will be HUGE! :lol:

Srange how difficult it is to find a China to USA conversion. ;)

5 sounds a little large ... my wife wears US size 3 and the jeweler says 3 - 3.5 are quite typical for Chinese ladies.

Oooops now i'm even more confused. Using the HK conversion I would have ordered her a size 4.5. But then again she did say her "hand size" was a 10. :lol:

I think they might use the Japan sizes ?? I had her go to the local jewelry store in GZ to be sized; they told her she was a perfect Size 11.

I ordered her ring here in the US and the US size 5.75 fit her just right.

And a conversion chart

Good luck

My little finger over the first knuckle was what I used to size my wife's ring (she had given me a string which she had tied around her finger - then I sized it on my own fingers). This came out 1 size too large - the correct size I think was 5 1/2 - I just measured it at 1.6 cm., which matches your table exactly by diameter.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

And a conversion chart

Good luck

My little finger over the first knuckle was what I used to size my wife's ring (she had given me a string which she had tied around her finger - then I sized it on my own fingers). This came out 1 size too large - the correct size I think was 5 1/2 - I just measured it at 1.6 cm., which matches your table exactly by diameter.

I will take the ring in the size she has indicated and a roll of white first aid tape to adjust the size. :lol: We can have it resized when we get back to Nanning.

And a conversion chart

Good luck

I will take the ring in the size she has indicated and a roll of white first aid tape to adjust the size. :huh: We can have it resized when we get back to Nanning.

Nice! Better to be too big then too small I suppose! :lol:

And a conversion chart

Good luck

I will take the ring in the size she has indicated and a roll of white first aid tape to adjust the size. :lol: We can have it resized when we get back to Nanning.

As a heads up there, 55 mm circumference = 1.75cm diameter.

As a heads up there, 55 mm circumference = 1.75cm diameter.

We have been having this discussion for some time. It took forever for her to give the measurement as the circumference of 55 mm. I don't have to tell anyone here what it is like trying to get a woman from China to do something that we consider as simple.

Right now I am trying get her to buy a airline ticket to meet me in Beijing. She keeps saying the price will be less if she waits. I have told her I am paying for the ticket and I don't care about the price, that I want her at the airport on a certain day at a certain time. I have given her the flight number and departure times for both flights. Now she is waiting for New Years to be over. The flight I have selected would put her in Beijing 30 minutes after my flight arrives from the US.

Next Sunday I will have to tell her if she does not get a ticket for the flight I have indicated because she waited to long I will visit the Great Wall without her. There are times when it is good to try to save money and other times when it get exasperating. Maybe I will use her statements of "you are the husband and know best" and tell her to just do it because I am the husband, period. That probably won't work either, but it may be worth a try. :lol: