2003 k1 applicants, plz share your visa timeline

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest R2D2
I found out they use so called A4 size papers which is longer and narrower than the ones we normally use here.

Actually the WHOLE world, but the U.S , is using A4 size paper ;)

That's because we measure our paper in inches! :o

Just paper? ;) :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i am new to the forum, so hello all! :(

here are my visa events as of 06-04-03 ; i will update this post when necessary:

03-15-03 --  mailed 129f petition to vermont service center

03-17-03 --  vsc receives

03-20-03 --  noa1

04-10-03 --  noa2

04-16-03 --  nvc receives, name check begins

06-03-03 --  name check completed, petition forwarded to GZ

This is my first time (and hopefully last :)) time through this procedure, so forgive me if this is a silly question...

I'm in that time period between NOA2 and NVC-starting-name-check. I take it that the way you tell if NVC has received the I-129F petition from the service center is when the case number shows up in their automated case status database? I thought I read somewhere that I-129F's don't show up, but I can't find the source of that info anymore...

Thanks,

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...
i am new to the forum, so hello all! :D

here are my visa events as of 07-15-03 ; i will update this post when necessary:

03-15-03 --  mailed 129f petition to vermont service center

03-17-03 --  vsc receives

03-20-03 --  noa1

04-10-03 --  noa2

04-16-03 --  nvc receives, name check begins

06-03-03 --  name check completed, petition forwarded to GZ

07-15-03 --  p3 received

hi GV. As my knowledge, applicants get p4 about 1 month later after they sent p3 back to GZ and security clearance could be as quick as one month also. under new method, security clearance now is before p3. They don't necessarily need DOS230 to do that.

I wonder which organization is doing the security clearance?I heard it used to be DOS in Washington DC,but lately ppl have been getting emails from Hartyma who said DOS doesn't do it anymore but NVC instead.

so confused and wonder if there is a email systerm like GZ could be used to inquire in DOS or NVC.

another question is: Everybody will be on same scracher after NOA2? VSC applicants no advantage anymore...............

my case timeline:

NOA1 May 15 2003

NOA2 June 27th

NVC got case and the date I got my GUZ number: July 2nd 2003.

waiting for security clearance currently

filed case in VSC

hi jerry,

nvc operators can advise you the status of your upcoming namecheck.

with only 3 minute hold times, i recommend calling the nvc instead of the visa inquires number.

gv

hello GV, my fiancee called NVC yesterday.The operator was nice and polite but she said they are still waiting for paperwork about my security clearance form DC.that sounds DOS is still doing the wor but DOS keep announcing that security clearance is doing by NVC now.so confused:(

I-129F TSC 8 april 2002

Approved 4 May 2002

Guangzhou rec'd packet 06/22/02

Sent out background check packet 29 July 2002

Turned back in to consulate Sept 4, 2002

Sent to NVC for name check Sept 10, 2002

visited consulate 3/20/03 (or the 18th? don't remember) Told "your packet was received on 6/22/02" duuuuuuh, thanks alot. When I asked for an updated status I was told "i'm just a clerk, I dont know".

so, if you go to the consulate, dont' go to window 5!

been waiting ever since.

• 2 months later...
Guest ycJason

here are my timelines:

k1 applied: 3/05

K1 returned: 4/07 (for insufficient fund, in my application it included a little slip saying the fee has been lowered to $81, but when I acutally send out the application, it has been raised back to $100 something)

k1 resend: 4/11

NOA1: 4/15

NOA2: 4/29

NVC cleared: 6/29

p3: 7/12

p3 returned: 7/22

p4 received: 8/10

interview: 9/15

visa: 9/16

ticket to USA: 10/24

Jason