Cruise to Mexico

Hi,

Hope all is well!! I plan to take my wife on a Cruise to Mexico in mid-March and wondering if anyone has some thoughts on what she would need to go to Mexico and re-enter the U.S.

She is currently applying for AOS. In fact, her Biometics is next week. However, she did not apply for AP. So I am thinking at the minimum, she needs to apply for AP and maybe even a Mexican Visa.

Any thoughts? How long does AP application take to process? How about a Mexican Visa?

Thanks,

Where did you marry? In China or the USA? Did she enter on a K-1 or K-3 visa?

If K-3 visa an visitors visa for Mexico will be needed for her. If K-1 you will need AP and a visitors visa for Mexico.

AP can take up to 90 days to get.

Visitors visa to Mexico: http://www.consulmexny.org/eng/visas_fmt_paid.htm

In my case when my fiancee arrives and we marry we plan on seeing the many wonderful things that can be seen right here in the good old USA. She wants to see more of the country that she is immigrating to.

Why not wait to visit other countries until after getting the green card?

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

It will be a miracle if you can get an AP that quickly. I would come up with plan B.

Also remember that Americans will need a passport if flying to Mexico, Canada and the Carribean to gain entry. You can still drive to Mexico or Canada without a passport until 2008.

We're going down south for a little vacation and the quote below was with my airline tickets.

"As of January 8, 2007, United States citizens are required to have a valid passport to enter or re-enter the USA via airline transportation. Visit http://www.travel.state.gov for information on how to obtain a passport, including forms, fees, and how to locate a passport acceptance facility near you."

Whatever plans you'll make, have a nice and safe trip.

Another issue concerning taking a cruise is that your cruise will stop at more than just Mexico so your wife from China must meet the visa requirements for every country the ship stops.

Remember, if you buy the tickets you are required to handle all the entry requirements for the various countries before you board and if you don't have the papers in order they will not allow her to board and no refund.