Need Feedback On Removal of Conditions

We filed to have the conditions removed on Li's stauts, as per instructions, back in September. We are now entering the fifth month without a peep from USCIS, other than their notification that they had received the petition (and the money <_< ). That letter also said, "If you haven't heard from us in six months, please call....) <_<

I would be interested in hearing from those who have gone through this step. How long did it take? :huh:

Hey Mick,

Ours has been some time ago but it took us only about 1 1/2 months.At interview no questions asked, turned in 2yr. GC and stamped passport and gave her N- 400 for Citizenship and a 100 question study guide. See my timeline below.

Sorry it is taking you guys so long.

Wow, that was quick, Tine. Glad to hear things went smoothly for you guys. Also, it's good to hear from you. <_<

As for us, I am not surprised it is taking so long. After all, every step has taken forever. The visa took almost 18 months. AOS took 19 months. Green Card had mistake on it...then more mistakes...two trips to Memphis...oh, did I mention the many, many sets of fingerprints?

I guess I am just a tad frustrated by now... <_<

Mick,

We filed a month before you and we got it 3.5 months later. Hope Li will hear from them soon.

--------------------------------------------------------

Apply to remove conditions on green card 8/7/06

Received I-797 (extention of green card for 1 year) on 10/7/06

Biometic Appointment on 10/18/06

Received 10 year green card (11/20/06) without interview

• 4 weeks later...

We filed the first part of October and we are still waiting. They screwed up her name on the NOA and after two phone calls they sent us a paper saying it will take as long as it takes. Processing time for NSC on I-751s is July 15 06. When I called they said it is taking up to a year to process.

My answer is unrelated to your question Mick.

Just wanted to say that your daughter is sooo beautiful.

Patrick & Li

Thanks so much Patrick! Yes, she is a little doll for sure. I cannot imagine life without her now. She has become so much a part of our daily rounds...

As for the topic of this thread, still not a peep from USCIS....been over five months...if it takes much longer, they are probably going to need that eighth set of fingerprints.. :cold: :huh:

Totally amazed with the speed of things with my SO and Step sons I-751 progress. Sent application for removal of conditons 1/8/07. Received the Fee Payment receipt 1/18/07.

Received the I-797 Notice of Action with the 1 year Ext 1/27/07. Received the Bar Coded I-797 1/27/07 Notice of Action for Appointment Biometrics .. Appointment 2/7/07. I did send all documents requested plus a picture of my SO, Step Son and Mother together at Thanksgiving.

Totally amazed with the speed of things with my SO and Step sons I-751 progress. Sent application for removal of conditons 1/8/07. Received the Fee Payment receipt 1/18/07.

Received the I-797 Notice of Action with the 1 year Ext 1/27/07. Received the Bar Coded I-797 1/27/07 Notice of Action for Appointment Biometrics .. Appointment 2/7/07. I did send all documents requested plus a picture of my SO, Step Son and Mother together at Thanksgiving.

After we filed for removal of conditions, our time frame was similar to yours, then things stalled out....haven't heard a peep in over five months now. We'll keep the faith...hope things go quicker for you. :D