Tianlun International Hotel

kevininpudong

I was having a hard time deciding on a place to stay during my visit to Guangzhou, but I eventually picked the Tianlun International Hotel on Linhe Zhong Road:

http://www.tianlun-hotel.com/en/index.asp

It's just two blocks from the consulate, one block up from Ikea. The room was nice, new, and quiet, the staff was helpful, and the price of between 450 and 500 per night was reasonable considering the quality. This included a breakfast buffet which actually sucked... but oh well, it was free.

The hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool, which is something I've always missed in a lot of hotels in China... but unfortunately I have to continue missing it, because our interview was in December!

Easy access to Ikea, CITIC Plaza, etc. You're also able to jot right across the street and buy train tickets to Hong Kong on the Kowloon-Canton Railway, which is how I opted to celebrate the successful interview!

All in all, if you have a little extra to spend and are interested in living in a comfier hotel, this is the best one in the immediate vicinity of the consulate, and I'd recommend giving it a try.