AOS Approved, Welcome Letter Sent

I checked our "On-Line" Case Status at the USCIS website today. Finally, after months and months of viewing the same old message of having received our submittal requested in an earlier RFE dated May 2......I see this change:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Case Status

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On December 22, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:redblob: :redblob: :surrender: :rolleyes: :ranting: :redblob: :redblob:

This is great news and we couldn't be happier!

:redblob: :redblob: :shutup2: :blink: :pc: :redblob: :redblob:

But what is the reference to ADIT processing about? Anyone know or had this refered to on their Welcome letter? :huh:

PapaBear B)

I suspect ADIT processing is the biometrics appointment.

See: Sec. 210.5 Adjustment to permanent resident status

Yeah.....could be. I followed your link and read about a signature/photo request on form I-551.....but didn't find said form at USCIS's form list. Also mentioned is a finger print on form I-89. These together for the green card.

I guess we'll have to wait for our Welcome Letter and see if ADIT processing is requested. We have had biometrics processing, same day as our AOS Interview.

Whatever....if a request accompanies our Welcome Letter we'll make the appropriate response. At this point we are just happy to see things moving. We were quite prepared to endure a much longer wait as some "black hole" cases are held up for a year or years longer.

That "mushroom" feeling has gone away! Sure feels good! :surrender:

PapaBear :rolleyes: