I have been reviewing the FAQ and they say that the Fee For the DS-230 is $335 when is this to be paid?? I thought that the Visa was 800 RMB Please help

Todd

That first amount applies to CR1 cases (Immigrant Visas); the latter to K# cases (Non Immigrant Visas)...

check the sections again and confirm that the visa type is mentioned relative to the amount.. if there is clearly some misinformation there, let me know where it is, to correct it.

I have been reviewing the FAQ and they say that the Fee For the DS-230 is $335 when is this to be paid?? I thought that the Visa was 800 RMB Please help

Todd

That first amount applies to CR1 cases (Immigrant Visas); the latter to K# cases (Non Immigrant Visas)...

check the sections again and confirm that the visa type is mentioned relative to the amount.. if there is clearly some misinformation there, let me know where it is, to correct it.

The K visa fee is actually the $100. You pay the current RMB equivalent.

The DS230 mentions only the Immigrant visa fee which is a total of $380. IR1 and CR1 pay the current RMB equivalent.

Eventually everybody ends up paying the $380 one way or another but the K visas pay a separate $100 in China. Normally, Immigrant visa fees are paid by the petitioner, in the USA, before the case is shipped to GUZ. DCF filers pay in Country.

Todd

The DS230 mentions only the Immigrant visa fee which is a total of $380. IR1 and CR1 pay the current RMB equivalent.

Eventually everybody ends up paying the $380 one way or another but the K visas pay a separate $100 in China. Normally, Immigrant visa fees are paid by the petitioner, in the USA, before the case is shipped to GUZ. DCF filers pay in Country.

c. Filing at NVC for CR1/CR2:

I-864 = $70 USD , paid as Affidavit of Support / Biometric fee.

Immigrant visa: CR-1/IR-1 = $380 (3,154 RMB, per visa) , paid as DS-230 fee.

Ok I understand now thank you Gentelmen

Todd

Todd

What is DCF ?

What is DCF ?

It stands for "Direct Consular Filing"... when a USC is living overseas, they can file directly to a USCIS overseas office (at a consulate).

It is a street term that government agencies do not use, but "do it yourself" communities know. When talking to an agency, one should refer to it as 'filing a I-130' at the consulate.

What is DCF ?

It stands for "Direct Consular Filing"... when a USC is living overseas, they can file directly to a USCIS overseas office (at a consulate).

It is a street term that government agencies do not use, but "do it yourself" communities know. When talking to an agency, one should refer to it as 'filing a I-130' at the consulate.

Thank you DavidZixuan

You are a wealth of Info