I-134 Question

I currently hold a student position working in a Geography Computer lab at my college. Come the end of December I'll be graduating, after which I plan to go stay with my SO in Guangzhou until the K1 process runs its course and we can head back to America together.

Being a graduating student, my financial situation is nothing to get excited about. Although, I'll be able to graduate with no debt or other financial problems, so I'm extremely happy about this! Nevertheless, a co-sponser is required then for my situation. My best friends parents have agreed to help us out with this situation, so Allie and I are more than grateful for their support.

Even though I have a co-sponser, I am aware that I still am required to provide my information as well. My question then is how should I fill out the I-134 form. I'll include the past 3 years of taxes, my recent pay stubs, as well as a letter from my current employer stating that I've just graduated, am a bright young man, etc and that she feels upon returning to America I'll have no problem finding a job. However, as for the I-134 form itself, I'm just alittle confused. I'll fill out what I have in my savings/checking, but as for income, should I put what I made during the 2005 year or put $0 because I'll technically be unemployed at the time (although when I do return to China I'll probably be doing some work at the Shenzhen or Guangzhou Urban Planning Centers).

I hope my question makes sense, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I currently hold a student position working in a Geography Computer lab at my college. Come the end of December I'll be graduating, after which I plan to go stay with my SO in Guangzhou until the K1 process runs its course and we can head back to America together.

Being a graduating student, my financial situation is nothing to get excited about. Although, I'll be able to graduate with no debt or other financial problems, so I'm extremely happy about this! Nevertheless, a co-sponser is required then for my situation. My best friends parents have agreed to help us out with this situation, so Allie and I are more than grateful for their support.

Even though I have a co-sponser, I am aware that I still am required to provide my information as well. My question then is how should I fill out the I-134 form. I'll include the past 3 years of taxes, my recent pay stubs, as well as a letter from my current employer stating that I've just graduated, am a bright young man, etc and that she feels upon returning to America I'll have no problem finding a job. However, as for the I-134 form itself, I'm just alittle confused. I'll fill out what I have in my savings/checking, but as for income, should I put what I made during the 2005 year or put $0 because I'll technically be unemployed at the time (although when I do return to China I'll probably be doing some work at the Shenzhen or Guangzhou Urban Planning Centers).

I hope my question makes sense, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

If I were in your shoes, I would use my current annualized income on the date I signed the form. It is probably to your advantage to sign, date and notarize the form while still employed, if possible. If there is a change between that date and the actual interview, make sure your SO understands and answers any actual questions truthfully. If they know you are a recent college graduate with good prospects and a co-sponsor, you have the public charge concern covered.

There's a phrase, "totality of the circumstances" which a VO will apply when looking at issues... but while employability is in your favor, the fact is you don't have a job in the US. A joint-sponsor is going to help more than what you can present via letters; Current income ensures a future more than anything else. It's a 'bird in the hand' issue...