Case being sent back to the CIS

According to the white slip that my SO was handed at her interview on August 28, 2006, the Consulate is returning the petition to the CIS. The paper further states the beneficiary will be notified by mail when the case is sent back to the CIS. My SO has not received any notification as to date. Does this really mean that the GZ Consulate still has the case? If so, does anyone know why they would be holding on to it for so long?

What happened to lawyer intervention? A lawyer can find out and hold it up...

I've heard it can take a few months sometimes...

My lawyer intervened October 25 but hasn't heard a word from them. What do you think is the reason for them to be holding it so long? Obviously it is sitting and they are not talking. Any speculation as to why?

My lawyer intervened October 25 but hasn't heard a word from them. What do you think is the reason for them to be holding it so long? Obviously it is sitting and they are not talking. Any speculation as to why?

I Understood that a lawyer can get a quick response (two days), but must know where or how to send it... They should be doing something to get an answer.

I Understood that a lawyer can get a quick response (two days), but must know where or how to send it... They should be doing something to get an answer.

I had given the lawyer an evolution of relationship letter, photos, and evidence of our correspondence. They sent a package to GZ that I tracked as received by the Consulate. The firm says they know how to do this. But I am still waiting.