I-129F APPROVAL

Hello All!

How is everyone doing today?

I just received my I-129F Approval notice today.

I have two questions for anyone that might know

what this means.

First of all, I noticed that my I-129F is only valid from 11/22/06 to 03/21/07

Any thoughts about this?

Also on the I-129F in the box for the Beneficiary.

It has my wifes name and it is spelled correctly!!

But also in that same box it has a number that starts with "A"

Any thoughts or comments would be great!!

Once again THANKS to everyone here on CFL

everyone has been a lot of help!!

Guest ShaQuaNew

Technically yes, the approvals are only good for that length of time, but because they routinely take longer than that, they also routinely extend the period of time for which they are good....

That is her 'A#'. Keep it, and use it anytime they ask for her 'A#'.

It will help keep her paperwork together (they have been known to issue more than 1 A# to an applicant).

Guest ShaQuaNew

Also on the I-129F in the box for the Beneficiary.

It has my wifes name and it is spelled correctly!!

Once again THANKS to everyone here on CFL

everyone has been a lot of help!!

What Randy said.... ;)

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
What if my petition expires?

Consular officers have the authority to extend the validity of petitions that have expired. Because many petitions often expire before an applicant can be interviewed, officers at the Consulate routinely extend the validity of K-1 petitions.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/kvfaq.html

Is a good idea to email them 2 weeks before I-129F expiration and ask to extend the petition, a friendly reminder doesn't hurt.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/contactiv.html

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

First of all, I noticed that my I-129F is only valid from 11/22/06 to 03/21/07

Any thoughts about this?

I've not heard of any issues on CFL with this in regards to the GUZ consulate.. some people take two years to get the interview without having to remind GUZ to extend it; so it's unnecessary to do anything about it. Contact the consulate for more important issues when necessary.

The only case it became an issue was an interview which resulted in revocation and return back to the DHS. At that point, it's with USCIS, and they did not extend the petition and allowed it to expire. On the one hand, this was very unusual since we know of others returned for recommendation of revocation and sat in the US quite a while without this occurring.

Some speculation: since the USCIS has the difficult task of either agreeing with the consulate in this situation (affirm the revocation) or disagreeing with it (and how does that make the Consulate feel), and since they are more liable to face legal entanglements from USCs... I'm sure it's not necessarily an easy decision. It's unclear in this one case if they let this expiration occur because of the problematic nature of the issues; it's also unclear if letting it expire might of been better than an agreement to revoke the petition;

Whatever you do, guard that notice with your life. You will need to submit with the AOS paperwork after she arrives. If you loose it, it costs a bundle and a lot of time to get a replacement.

True, the fee is $200, and don't send the original with the AOS submission send a copy, bring the original to the AOS interview, or Lifting conditions interview.

Same goes for the I-94 that you get at the POE, send copies only.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Whatever you do, guard that notice with your life. You will need to submit with the AOS paperwork after she arrives. If you loose it, it costs a bundle and a lot of time to get a replacement.

True, the fee is $200, and don't send the original with the AOS submission send a copy, bring the original to the AOS interview, or Lifting conditions interview.

Same goes for the I-94 that you get at the POE, send copies only.

Thanks everyone for all the good advise.

UPDATE: called NVC today and they told me that my I-864 packet and the IV fee bill

where mailed last week ( mailed the same day ) for my CR1.

Sound like things are still moving along just fine.