Is there a better number to call to get status info regarding AOS inte

We have had our interview on Sept 6th, 2006. I've called USCIS about 4 times since then, and they don't have any information at all. Make me wonder if I'm reaching the wrong department. Its been at least 2 months now, and I have not seen anything in my mailbox.

Does anyone know a better phone number to find out the results of the AOS interview?

We have had our interview on Sept 6th, 2006. I've called USCIS about 4 times since then, and they don't have any information at all. Make me wonder if I'm reaching the wrong department. Its been at least 2 months now, and I have not seen anything in my mailbox.

Does anyone know a better phone number to find out the results of the AOS interview?

You can always write them. It's a little more gratifying to receive a reply back than it is to talk to one of those operators.

Go to the USCIS website and hunt down some useful addresses. Mail a letter to each one that would pertain to you.

The only information you will find is at USCIS Case Status search.

Anyone (including Infopass) you find to ask about the status will look at this page.

Randy, yes, this is exactly why I'm not getting anywhere. They give me the same info.

The latest note is from way back in June 2006 regarding a request for additional evidence which they said was completed for the i485. And that status update is no longer valid, since I already am past the interview already.

The only information you will find is at USCIS Case Status search.

Anyone (including Infopass) you find to ask about the status will look at this page.

Randy, yes, this is exactly why I'm not getting anywhere. They give me the same info.

The latest note is from way back in June 2006 regarding a request for additional evidence which they said was completed for the i485. And that status update is no longer valid, since I already am past the interview already.

Yeah - what bothers me about this is that it's open ended. That is, you won't know until "nothing happens for a long period of time"* if your application maybe fell through the cracks.

And I won't especially care to have to file another EAD application.

Hang in there. There are lots of us in the same boat.

* quote from one of Bill Gates' installations