A question about the visa process timeframe

I notice many people here meet online and then meet once in person before applying for their I-129F. It seems the wait is quite a long time for the entire process to get a visa. Does anyone know if the timeframe is different (i.e. faster) if you've known your fiancee for about two years and have lived together (both in the US and China) for about the same amount of time? (We met in the US, lived together here and then both moved to China until filing for the I-129F). Thanks

I notice many people here meet online and then meet once in person before applying for their I-129F. It seems the wait is quite a long time for the entire process to get a visa. Does anyone know if the timeframe is different (i.e. faster) if you've known your fiancee for about two years and have lived together (both in the US and China) for about the same amount of time? (We met in the US, lived together here and then both moved to China until filing for the I-129F). Thanks

There is no difference in timelines based on how long you have known each other or how much time you have spent with each other. It will however help the chances of approval at her visa interview. The process takes as long as it takes. If you are lucky enough to live in an area of the USA that files through the Vermont Service Center you will have a timeline a little shorter than average. Expect a year and hope for 8-10 months.

I filed Oct 25 2006 via the Vermont office and yesterday (11/14/06) my case was already forwarded to Guangzhou. My question about timeline I guess was really about how much time they spend investigating each case. I know they think many marriages are fake, so I guess my real question is does it make it any faster if your evidence is stronger? Is most of the investigation done in Vermont before they approve the I-129F or is it done in Guangzhou when they look at the visa application?

Thanks again

I filed Oct 25 2006 via the Vermont office and yesterday (11/14/06) my case was already forwarded to Guangzhou. My question about timeline I guess was really about how much time they spend investigating each case. I know they think many marriages are fake, so I guess my real question is does it make it any faster if your evidence is stronger? Is most of the investigation done in Vermont before they approve the I-129F or is it done in Guangzhou when they look at the visa application?

Thanks again

Like Carl said, count your blessings!

There is another case that went through even faster than yours, with a short period prior to filing.

SinoTexas

Thanks again

Most of the time spent waiting isn't because of investigation or adjudication, it's because of backlogs. Too few support staff in the government--whether the US or GUZ--and too many applications. Our petitions just sit there, waiting and waiting and waiting.

Thanks again

Most of the time spent waiting isn't because of investigation or adjudication, it's because of backlogs. Too few support staff in the government--whether the US or GUZ--and too many applications. Our petitions just sit there, waiting and waiting and waiting.

This is so true ... it is very much a waiting process with little that we can do to speed it up <_<