Proof of Death of parent?

Hello,

My girl is saying that some VOs may ask for proof of death for family members at the interview. Does anyone know if this is true or direct me to the requirements for the interview? I want to be as prepared as possible, but the variety of things that I am hearing that the VOs 'might' ask for at the interview is out of control based on what these girls are saying on the blogs that my girl is reading.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by lyscra (see edit history)
Hello,

My girl is saying that some VOs may ask for proof of death for family members at the interview. Does anyone know if this is true or direct me to the requirements for the interview? I want to be as prepared as possible, but the variety of things that I am hearing that the VOs 'might' ask for at the interview is out of control based on what these girls are saying on the blogs that my girl is reading.

Thanks!

By the time it gets to your SO, who knows how much the truth has expanded. Probably nothing more than a simple request for the death certificate of a spouse would be my guess (which would have already been supplied with the original petition).

Hello,

Thanks!

If you are a widower or your girl is a widow, they are quite likely to ask for proof the former spouse died. Other than that, I can't think of a reason for asking.