EAD question

i think i read somewhere that there was a maximum time for EAD of 90 days.....

im really anxious for her to get at least a social so we can get her signed up with my health plan.

our stinkin SS office screwed her paperwork all up so its gonna be interesting when we go back with her EAD to re-apply

we recieved a NOA yesterday saying they have moved our paperwork to California....

they say for faster results, i dont know exactly what that means.

im really anxious for her to get at least a social so we can get her signed up with my health plan.

our stinkin SS office screwed her paperwork all up so its gonna be interesting when we go back with her EAD to re-apply

we recieved a NOA yesterday saying they have moved our paperwork to California....

Yes - 90 days. If you haven't gotten it, you can make an InfoPass appt and get a temporary one. I'm not sure of the timing there (if you go before or after 90 days)

Here you go:

Interim EAD: An EAD issued to an eligible applicant when USCIS has failed to adjudicate an application within 90 daysof receipt of a properly filed EAD application or within 30 daysof a properly filed initial EAD application based on an asylum application filed on or after January 4, 1995. The interim EAD will be granted for a period not to exceed 240 days and is subject to the conditions noted on the document.

I know this is EAD related.. but can you clarify what is being transferred to CA? Only EAD and/or I-485 ?? I certainly don't want to jump the gun here, but if the I-485 is transferred, then your bypassing the 2 year wait on the GC (and no interview to boot).. I just heard of another person from Orlando get transferred to CA... so not sure if this is how they are dealing with the backlog.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I know this is EAD related.. but can you clarify what is being transferred to CA? Only EAD and/or I-485 ?? I certainly don't want to jump the gun here, but if the I-485 is transferred, then your bypassing the 2 year wait on the GC (and no interview to boot).. I just heard of another person from Orlando get transferred to CA... so not sure if this is how they are dealing with the backlog.

how do i find out if its the 485 thats been transfered.....?

call and find out :) i suppose

i dont wanna think that till we get deffinite answers.

Getting her signed up on your insurance should not depend on her having a SSN unless it is a US Government sponsored Insurance, such as retired military.

If you are dealing with a private insurance company you need to press your plan administrator on this. Many will tell you it is required and they are wrong, but too lazy to do the foot work.

One way to bring it to a head and get her added to the policy is to insist on the insurance company provide you will documentation that requires the SSA to issue her a number for insurance purposes. Explain to your plan administrator that you need this so that SSA will issue her a card and get the benefits she is entitled, this will force them to make the calls and dig into it. The answer they will find is that private insurance companies can not require a SSN.

You might have to go over the Insurance administrators head with either your boss or call the number on the back of your insurance card to get this moving.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes - 90 days. If you haven't gotten it, you can make an InfoPass appt and get a temporary one. I'm not sure of the timing there (if you go before or after 90 days)

Here you go:

Interim EAD: An EAD issued to an eligible applicant when USCIS has failed to adjudicate an application within 90 daysof receipt of a properly filed EAD application or within 30 daysof a properly filed initial EAD application based on an asylum application filed on or after January 4, 1995. The interim EAD will be granted for a period not to exceed 240 days and is subject to the conditions noted on the document.

where is this info pass building?

the social security field office?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Bill, I went through that SSN thing with my health provider when Lan and Sarah arrived. Fact is, she does NOT need an SSN to qualify for being added to your health plan. Most of the underlings that answer the telephone don't know that. Ask to speak with a supervisor at your provider and TELL them that your wife does not have an SSN. Also, if they even blink about saying they will not sign her until she has an SSN, you tell them that in America, no-one is required to have an SSN, and their company cannot require anyone to have one.

After going in circles for a few hours with my health care provider, we got it ironed out, and both Lan and Sarah were added without SSNs.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Bill, info pass goes through the immigration offices, which I think for that are located down by the airport. There is also a biometrics office on Semoran. The SSN office is not affiliated with info pass. You can get to info pass through the uscis website.

Bill, info pass goes through the immigration offices, which I think for that are located down by the airport. There is also a biometrics office on Semoran. The SSN office is not affiliated with info pass. You can get to info pass through the uscis website.

so i sign up with Lee's link to infopass when my 90 days expire which is in about 10 days.

Jesse is this info pass place the same place she did her biometrics over on 436?

Guest ShaQuaNew

so i sign up with Lee's link to infopass when my 90 days expire which is in about 10 days.

Jesse is this info pass place the same place she did her biometrics over on 436?

I've not done the info pass thing so I'm not sure whether they do it there; guessing, no, I don't think so. There is an immigration office down by the airport, massive in size, where you can always see dozens of people waiting in line to get in. My guess is that it's there.

You know, I wonder whether EAD is really necessary? True, it depends on the kind of job, but many employers don't even ask to see the card, or care. We plan to wait for the green card to arrive, with it comes employment authorization anyway. If we don't see the card by the middle of January, then we may file for EAD...will just have to see

we went by the DL place this afternoon and she got her FLorida ID....

with her married name.... its funny what we get excited over. :)

we then went on to the bank to add her to my bank account and bank told me her SS was not valid.

i dont know where we are with that now.

should i call Longwood field office ?

tell them what slackers they have working there :rolleyes:

who knows

Guest ShaQuaNew

we went by the DL place this afternoon and she got her FLorida ID....

with her married name.... its funny what we get excited over. ;)

we then went on to the bank to add her to my bank account and bank told me her SS was not valid.

i dont know where we are with that now.

should i call Longwood field office ?

tell them what slackers they have working there :lol:

who knows

SS? Do you mean her Social Security Number (SSN)? Does your bank have an internal policy for its members to have an SSN to set up an account? Perhaps they wanted a more formal ID for her as in a photo ID? We bypassed the Florida ID and opted to get Lan her learner's permit instead. We don't plan on adding her to any monetary accounts until after the two-year green card arrives. For us, it was adding too much complication to change names, get bank accounts, credit cards, and other things. Just going for the minimun to get that card now. No EAD, no AP, just the I-485.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

I've not done the info pass thing so I'm not sure whether they do it there; guessing, no, I don't think so. There is an immigration office down by the airport, massive in size, where you can always see dozens of people waiting in line to get in. My guess is that it's there.

You know, I wonder whether EAD is really necessary? True, it depends on the kind of job, but many employers don't even ask to see the card, or care. We plan to wait for the green card to arrive, with it comes employment authorization anyway. If we don't see the card by the middle of January, then we may file for EAD...will just have to see

i just wanted to get her going as much as possible, so you are expecting her green card in January?

you have some inside information you are withholding from the group young man that you would like to share with the class? :)

unless some city in california (wherever everyone from florida is getting transfered) is faster then pretty much the entire country...

i guess buffalo is leading with like 90 days or something

with orlando following a close last place at 700+ days

Guest ShaQuaNew

i guess buffalo is leading with like 90 days or something

with orlando following a close last place at 700+ days

I've heard reports that Orlando trails the rest of the nation regarding the issuance of green cards. I however have been unable to corroborate this; in fact, Lan and I have talked with several folks here locally that have sucessfully filed and received their green cards as fast or faster than other cities in the US. Our naturalization paperwork was transferred to CA as indicated in my timeline. I find that asking others that live in this area to share their personal experiences relating to immigration provides us more accurate information.