AOS interview !

AOS interview finished finally the day before yesterday. But the result is unexpected. since my name background check is still on process, IO told us that our case is pending...

my name had checked in details when my case was in IVC last year which underwent 180 days. Now they are checking twice. It seems that i am a suspicious terrorist. Well, this journey makes me tired and sick...

IO asked me some questions on Form I-485, which are all "no" answers.since i reviewed them one week ago, so it wasnt hard. She also asked me my birthdate and my daughter's, my dad's and mom's first names. but she was interested in asking my husband more questions. such as: what's your kids name ? what's your job ? when did you come back to the US from china ? what did you do in china ? ...she kept all our pictures we took there...she also asked to see the original marriage certificate and original divorce paper,something can prove we live together...she was serious entire process. by the way, she is an asian IO just like the one i met in GZ. :( :( :lol:

good luck for all that are waiting for it !!!!

Yuping&Dan

If you think that was bad, I must have gotten the most super serious interviewer who never cracked a smile. My wife says, every other interviewer she sees is joking around and smiling, but this guy looked like those 100% by the book guys.

He was asking all these questions as if he didn't beleive us.

I was getting annoyed with his questions because I found his questions insulting, especially since my wife and I were so close, so maybe I was unconsciously giving him somewhat uncooperative answers without even knowing it initially. Even to simple questions like, "How did you two meet?" got me to heisatate with an "umm...ummm..." because I didn't enjoy talking to him about my life.

And I really hate it when they ask you for exact dates:

Interviewer: "When was this picture taken?"

Me: "I don't remember the exact date, but I know it was on a 3 day weekend. Probably memorial day."

He might as well asked me, "When was the last date that you ate a salami sandwich?"

Like anyone ever cares to remember these little details over time!

Not the smartest thing in the world for me to be acting uncoorperative, but I was a feeling a bit annoyed in there, and it usually takes a whole lot to get me mad.

Maybe thats why I'm still waiting for my wife's green card since Sept 6th 2006.

It didn't help either that my wife got nervous and forgot the date that we gotten married.

;)

:rolleyes: PENDING ! :angry:

Yes, this is the story we got after passing our AOS Interview! :huh: Our IO told us that our case will return for further security check. When I questioned what he meant by further security check, he advised that someone may be sent to my neighborhood and inquire of my neighbors information about our living together and that if my wife's family name were a common one in China that the further name check could take months to complete. :( He advised that if we didn't receive a green card within 3 months to check back with USCIS. This was July 19, 2006.

Well, the on-line status website at USCIS had been displaying the same May 2, 2006 blurb about receiving information we provided for a RFE...then it regressed to a previous display of March 22, 2006 blurb indicating that their letter to us had been returned marked "undeliverable". This was enough for us to schedule an info pass appointment with an IO on October 20, 2006.

This appointment really didn't give us much hope. The IO advised that our case was still "PENDING !" and that all we can do is wait. She also advised that in the case of K3 visa holders, once you have filed for AOS you can not leave the country without AP. This was news to us. My wife has returned to China twice since we filed for her AOS. Her second time was cut short due to our AOS Interview being quickly scheduled for July 19th. :angry: Boo ! :angry:

When I had called the National Service Center, prior to our info pass appointment, I asked about my wife's Visa expiring this coming February 15. I was told that all the benefits given on the K3 would remain in full effect as long as an AOS had been filed. Specifically, I inquired about the lack of an I-94 (at our initial AOS Interview, the IO removed the I-94). The person on the phone from the National Service Center advised that all benefits would remain in effect including the multi-entry rights give her under this visa. At our info pass appointment, the IO advised that operators, answering the phones at the National Service Center, were not Immigration Officiers and that the information I was given over the phone was incorrect! :(

We really do feel like mushrooms. Kept in the dark. And fed _ _ _ _ (you know what!) :huh:

Well.....here's wishing the best to all those is our same situation! Hurry up and wait!! :D

PapaBear B)

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are in the same boat. We filed the I-485 in August of 2004- had an interview in September of 2005- were told at that time that we are still in name check. They start the name check after fingerprints when they get the I-485- so that means that they have been checking my husband's name for two years. There are about four other couples on here going through the same thing. I hate it so much! And now we have filed our third AP- and they actually put my husband's country of birth down as Taiwan. It cost like $175 for them to process two papers and glue a couple of pictures on there and they still can't get it right. Republican- democrat- I don't care anymore- I hate the whole system.

AOS interview finished finally the day before yesterday. But the result is unexpected. since my name background check is still on process, IO told us that our case is pending...

my name had checked in details when my case was in IVC last year which underwent 180 days. Now they are checking twice. It seems that i am a suspicious terrorist. Well, this journey makes me tired and sick...

IO asked me some questions on Form I-485, which are all "no" answers.since i reviewed them one week ago, so it wasnt hard. She also asked me my birthdate and my daughter's, my dad's and mom's first names. but she was interested in asking my husband more questions. such as: what's your kids name ? what's your job ? when did you come back to the US from china ? what did you do in china ? ...she kept all our pictures we took there...she also asked to see the original marriage certificate and original divorce paper,something can prove we live together...she was serious entire process. by the way, she is an asian IO just like the one i met in GZ. :o :) :rolleyes:

good luck for all that are waiting for it !!!!

Yuping&Dan

That sounds more like a visa interview in GZ than it does an AOS interview.

Some of these IO's can be harsh! Sorry it went down like that. Now all you can do is wait. Hopefully it will pass quickly for y'all.

We have done a couple of infopass appointments- we have contacted them monthly and our lawyer contacts them as well. Every time they say it is still in the same boat. I don't know what to do at this point. It makes me ill to think about it. I have contacted my congressman who has made two inquiries. I really hope Corker gets elected in TN. My mom knows him and I think that is my last option unless I take legal action.

Syl, you STILL in limbo? That's way too long! I assume you've done an infopass to find out what's going on?

Don,

An Infopass appointment does absolutely nothing. My wife insists on going every 3 months to inquire and we are told nothing except "Pending".

Yes, our experience has been the same with "InfoPass" appointments! I'd just like to know one thing..........how do these nitwitts get jobs as IO's? Seems to me the whole system is totally beyond repair (I must say this without swearing, mus-sent I?).

"On-Line Case Status" as well as "InfoPass" information just plain sucks! Not worth a plug nickel! :blink:

PapaBear :blink:

It may be possible to file a lawsuit. Check out this thread. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=15014&hl=

I have seen posts before where filing mandamus actions forces them to get off thier butt and do something.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)