Weekly call to DOS

Oh no I don't blame Guz. I think they do the best with what they have. When I attended the ACH last April I saw what they had to deal with. Problem is they don't have enough to deal with it.

IMO this has everything to do with politics and how the Republicans handle tax cuts. Instead of raising taxes, they cut or remove services. Talk to any Federal employee and they will confirm what I am saying. My son is in the Air Force has complained for several years about the staffing or shortage thereof. He often times works 12 to 16 hour shifts in an office to cover for personel shortage. In West Palm Beach when we went for the Biometrics, there must have been 100 people waiting, but just 3 people actually doing the Biometrics. I doubt GZ is alone when it comes to shortage of people to process our applications. Don't blame the people in GZ. Blame the government.

Agreed! We do need to let DoS hear our voices on this issue, especially as it pertains to GUZ receiving our petition packages from NVC. Something just isn't right with this process. GUZ absolutely needs more funding.

On a side note, are you guys aware that the US Embassy in BJ is being redone? It's said that the US Embassy in BJ that's under development is the largest piece of DoS construction work outside of the US. If they can spend so much money on the Embassy in BJ, why can't they spend more for GUZ, where all the immigrant visas are issued?

Oh no I don't blame Guz. I think they do the best with what they have. When I attended the ACH last April I saw what they had to deal with. Problem is they don't have enough to deal with it.

IMO this has everything to do with politics and how the Republicans handle tax cuts. Instead of raising taxes, they cut or remove services. Talk to any Federal employee and they will confirm what I am saying. My son is in the Air Force has complained for several years about the staffing or shortage thereof. He often times works 12 to 16 hour shifts in an office to cover for personel shortage. In West Palm Beach when we went for the Biometrics, there must have been 100 people waiting, but just 3 people actually doing the Biometrics. I doubt GZ is alone when it comes to shortage of people to process our applications. Don't blame the people in GZ. Blame the government.

Agreed! We do need to let DoS hear our voices on this issue, especially as it pertains to GUZ receiving our petition packages from NVC. Something just isn't right with this process. GUZ absolutely needs more funding.

On a side note, are you guys aware that the US Embassy in BJ is being redone? It's said that the US Embassy in BJ that's under development is the largest piece of DoS construction work outside of the US. If they can spend so much money on the Embassy in BJ, why can't they spend more for GUZ, where all the immigrant visas are issued?

I had wrote to my congressman about this very issue. My congressman forwarded my email to the DOS. They replied back saying that if I want any answers then I need to address it with GUZ. Of course they do not want to talk about it, especially to a simple man.

I had wrote to my congressman about this very issue. My congressman forwarded my email to the DOS. They replied back saying that if I want any answers then I need to address it with GUZ. Of course they do not want to talk about it, especially to a simple man.

Who wrote back? DoS?

That's BS. GUZ doesn't control how much budget is allocated to them. The higher-ups in DoS does. Our letters should be directed to good ole Condi. They need to allocate more resources to GUZ. I suppose a letter to the Ambassador in BJ would be good too.

Curious, I wonder how funds are actually allocated to the various Consulates: is it the Ambassador (Embassy) who controls the entire budget for his/her country or are the funds directly allocated to each Consulate directly from the DoS? Any know factual answers to this question?

Who wrote back? DoS?

That's BS. GUZ doesn't control how much budget is allocated to them. The higher-ups in DoS does. Our letters should be directed to good ole Condi. They need to allocate more resources to GUZ. I suppose a letter to the Ambassador in BJ would be good too.

Curious, I wonder how funds are actually allocated to the various Consulates: is it the Ambassador (Embassy) who controls the entire budget for his/her country or are the funds directly allocated to each Consulate directly from the DoS? Any know factual answers to this question?

Yes indeed it was the DOS. I think Condi is very busy these days but I know she is in China or has recently been. I do not have any other factual answers at this time and I too would like to know more.