a phone call from guangzhou about my ds-230

Today on my lunch break I got a call from Guangzhou,an officer asked me why I didn't send forms for K2 to them,I explained I don't have my son's custody,he asked me to prepare a paper both in Chinese and English to explain the situation and bring it with my divorce paper to interview.my questions are: does my ex husband need write something to claim he has the full custody? does it need to be notaried?

If your son is not going to accompany you to the US, normally all he has to do is to simply not show up at the interview. If something in your application indicated that he would, then I letter explaining that he won't and that your ex has custody should be enough. But it's unclear what the VO is thinking.

thanks for your reply,I didn't fill my son will accompany me to travel to US,he will stay and continue his education in China,so the call really confused me.

My SO got the same phone call ago. From the very beginning of filing the I-129F, we stated that her son would not be coming but they still has his name on the interview invitation letter. Give them what they want to the best of your ability and hope that the VO does the same. Good luck to you.

Today on my lunch break I got a call from Guangzhou,an officer asked me why I didn't send forms for K2 to them,I explained I don't have my son's custody,he asked me to prepare a paper both in Chinese and English to explain the situation and bring it with my divorce paper to interview.my questions are: does my ex husband need write something to claim he has the full custody? does it need to be notaried?

This is very simple and you should not worry. You only need to write a simple note saying your child will not be accompanying you to the US because your ex-husband has custody.

This does not need to be notarized.

It is strange that they want you to write something to say your son will not be coming to the US, but then I am sure the consulate has problems with training new people too. :thank_you_so_much: