Filing the DCF in Guangzhou

I finally got to Guangzhou to file the I-130 for my wife. We check and rechecked and triple checked all of out forms...and good thing we did because even after we double check, my Zuo noticed on the G-325a that I had here sex marked as male...that would have looked weird waiting for approval.

I spent a lot of time preparing the packet for submission. I put all of our information into a folder with address stickers on it just incase it was misplaced. I also typed a cover letter and table of contents describing what the packet contained and what we were filing for. When I got to the window at Homeland Security, they did not want any of it. Typical!!!

All they wanted was my residence permit, which has only been valid for one month, the I-130 and g-325a forms and one picture of each of us. She also took copies of my passport, my wife¡¯s passport, my birth certificate, her notorial B certificate, a letter saying that my wife has no original B certificate, and our Notoraial marriage certificate.

That was it. Just the basics.

It was a very simple process to file and I think it only took me 5 minutes with the woman behind the window.

One problem with Guangzhou is that the window to file is only open and Tues and Thurs. from 1:30-3:30 which is not much time. I was behind several people who were there rjust to ask questions, not to file anything. They would go in the room and be there for 20-30 minutes asking questions. This was disturbing for us who had traveled a long way and were prepared. I was able to file but there were others waiting who would have to come back another time because people took too long asking homeland security questions that I am no doubt sure they could find by simple internet research.

So please, if you are going to file, go there prepared. Do so for the sake of everyone who has traveled a long distance to file their petitions. If you are prepared it will go very quickly.