K-2 AOS Interview Date

Well we got the I-797C today for an interview. The timeline is great, but considering he's 10 years old with no background check needed it seems about right.

Since they have every piece of evidence required I'm hoping to convince an IO to adjust him without an interview.

So should I go ahead and book a trip to Mexico for the family for Christmas? :blahblah1:

Ok, let me see if I've got this straight. Mom came on K-1, you got married, filed for AOS, and mom has green card. Son comes on K-2, is too young for background check, you file for AOS, and you get an interview despite the fact that mom has already been adjusted, based on the bona fides of the marriage relationship, yet the son still get scheduled for an interview. Makes perfect sense to me... if you're of the government pursuasion.

Worst case scenario: "Sorry, kid, we know the marriage is legit and mom has a green card, but you didn't prove that you got married within 90 days, we don't have a background check on you, and you're not listed as joint owner of dad's house, you're not on his credit cards and the joint account. So, bye-bye".

Hopefully, you can convince the IO that an interview's not needed, but, what the heck. It's only another day off from school and work. :D

Ok, let me see if I've got this straight. Mom came on K-1, you got married, filed for AOS, and mom has green card. Son comes on K-2, is too young for background check, you file for AOS, and you get an interview despite the fact that mom has already been adjusted, based on the bona fides of the marriage relationship, yet the son still get scheduled for an interview. Makes perfect sense to me... if you're of the government pursuasion.

Worst case scenario: "Sorry, kid, we know the marriage is legit and mom has a green card, but you didn't prove that you got married within 90 days, we don't have a background check on you, and you're not listed as joint owner of dad's house, you're not on his credit cards and the joint account. So, bye-bye".

Hopefully, you can convince the IO that an interview's not needed, but, what the heck. It's only another day off from school and work. :blink:

If we get into a bind I'll send him to your house to hide from the USCIS while we get the issue resolved. We should get that completed by the time he gets out of college. I'm sure his uncle Frank will see to him getting a proper eductation. :lol: