quick question

is there a form for this?? (certificate of single status)

If so where may i obtain it

Check with your state's vital records department. They have single status certificates.

There's also other ways of obtaining one. Look at the China embassy in D.C. website. They address the topic and even had a form you can print.

Do you mind give me the link, please.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/fhjh/t84256.htm

Here's the link from the embassy to follow.

The single-status form they present wasn't on their website when I went thru the process. I got mine from my state's vital records department. Check with your state to see if you can get a copy of it. Your state can even authenticate it before mailing it to you. I think they might be able to forward it to the US State Department for authentication before it goes to the Chinese embassy or consulate.

Authentication

The Chinese Embassy and Consulates authenticate documents which are executed in the United States and will be used in China. Type of documents include: birth/death certificates, power of attorney, marriage certificates, diplomas, adoption application papers, business license, etc.

How to apply/Document must be:

1. Signed before a notary public.

2. Certified by the clerk of Court of the County in which the document is commissioned if applicable. It may be omitted if the authority in item 3 will certify directly to the notary.

3. Certified by the Secretary of the State in which the document is executed.

4. Certified by the relevant Consulate - General. You must apply to the correct Consulate - General which holds consular jurisdiction over your area of residence.

For applicants who live in the consular jurisdiction of Chinese Consulate in Chicago, documents after being certified by the authority in item 3 shall be certified by the Secretary of State of each relevant State, and then by Chinese Consulate in Chicago.

To save yourself one step in the process begin with Item 2 and have the County Clerk notarize the form.

In New York state you do all 4, I was told this by N.Y. Chinese Consulate who helpled me fill out application on the phone before sending it in.