Just filling in the I-129F forms and I am wondering if #16 SO Native Alphabet is really required? My Chinese characters are a little rusty....Ha. Do I really need this or can I use Roman text.

Thanks in advance... :rolleyes:

Here's a tip:

copy, cut and paste.........literally! :D

GREAT IDEA!!!! Thanks!

Roman text in Q.16; Chinese characters in Q.17:

If you put a Chinese address for your SO on the I-129F Q.17 (address abroad in native alphabet), this is used for mailing the P3 to the beneficiary.

If there is no Chinese address listed, it can be sent to the petitioner, which is not desireable.

If the Chinese address is not clear or needs to be clarified, hopefully one puts down the SO's phone number (Q.16)...

The best way to do this is to use your computer. First, you need to have "East Asian fonts" installed on your computer. This you can do this in the control panel under languages. You can then use Adobe to enter in the Chinese characters into that section of the form. (You can also use adobe to input all the English info so it is nice and neat). If you don't know how to use the Chinese input methods have your fianc¨¦ email you her address in the Chinese characters. Then copy it from the email and paste it on your form using adobe. It is very easy but to do this you must have East Asian fonts installed on your computer and adobe as well. If your version of adobe does not support Chinese fonts you can download the patch for free. Simply go to Google and type "adobe Chinese fonts". Download the patch and install. It is very easy. Plus in the future it will come in handy having the Chinese fonts on your computer anyways. Good Luck!