My wife and I traveled to China last Sept, with my wife using the Advanced Parole for reentry. I too had the same concerns.

Here's my experience.

AP was sent via mail.

Wife had her I-94 card removed upon departure from the US.

Upon departure from China, the papers were looked over once and then a supervisor was called. He looked at them for 1 minute and then said have a good trip. Have read on this board of a guy coming home with his wife on AP, being stopped for a few hours as the airline folks didn't recognize the AP.

Upon arrival at LAX, my wife cleared US Immigration faster than I did standing in the US Citizen line. No joke. My wife had zero problems.

New I-94 issued and passport stamp received

What are the admission class and length of stay on the I-94 after entering with AP?

I'm not sure I completely understand your question...

The I-94 authorizes the alien immigrant for a certain length of stay in the US.. The AP is just a travel document allowing re-entry to the US. It does not affect the authorized length of stay...

What I can see happening is that a K1 gets AP and travels after the I-94 expires..

SO maybe your asking what is the new I-94 expiration date (if it exists) on the new stamp?

Any K1s travel on AP once the I-94 has expired, yet prior to AOS approval ?? What's the I-94 date state you get upon return?

Although it's a little dated, take a look at http://www.murthy.com/news/ukpbadpl.html

Technically, when you enter the US on AP you are not "admitted". Rather, you are paroled/granted entry to finish AOS processing. Consequently, I don't think there's a visa category shown on the I-94, although the notation may reference the prior K-1. The period of parole for a pending AOS is supposed to be indefinite; otherwise, it's usually one year.