Overcome Process

I'm not sure I agree with that Mike. I know I take blue slip people. seriously. Having been there myself I know the feeling. What used to be a fairly simple process it almost appears they are setting up people to fail by making overcome submissions extremely difficult. I agree there needs to be more accountabilty. VOs have way too much authority which it appears to me has been abused more and more lately.

I think Mike and others may have the impression that those who receive Blue and White slips fall through the cracks on CFL, which is NOT the case. Many of them feel bad enough without discussing the specific details of their case in a public forum and some are concerned about posting too much information publicly on CFL at the time for fear of making things worse. They do not see the PM's, phone calls and direct emails concerning these cases as each person continues the fight to overcome.

I'm aware of a few blue slip situations with a long delay in review that appear to be almost over but discussion of those is specifically up to the member who has gone through the pain.

I'm not sure I agree with that Mike. I know I take blue slip people. seriously. Having been there myself I know the feeling. What used to be a fairly simple process it almost appears they are setting up people to fail by making overcome submissions extremely difficult. I agree there needs to be more accountabilty. VOs have way too much authority which it appears to me has been abused more and more lately.

I think Mike and others may have the impression that those who receive Blue and White slips fall through the cracks on CFL, which is NOT the case. Many of them feel bad enough without discussing the specific details of their case in a public forum and some are concerned about posting too much information publicly on CFL at the time for fear of making things worse. They do not see the PM's, phone calls and direct emails concerning these cases as each person continues the fight to overcome.

I'm aware of a few blue slip situations with a long delay in review that appear to be almost over but discussion of those is specifically up to the member who has gone through the pain.

You make a very good point, Lee. And perhaps I AM being to vocal and upfront about my case, maybe even making things worse, or blowing things all out of proportion. I think I need to take a step back, cool off, and wait for the overcome appointment. I get too cranked up after chatting with Manyun, and tend to spout off. As my dog is tired of listening to me, I naturally turn to CFL, where my mouth tends to get the best of me ;)

I'm not the only one in this situation. Sorry for the implication about CFL. I should know better by now. :blink:

I've seen that with blue, and especially white slips. After the initial rant, folks tend to clam up and keep stuff to themselves. While that is somewhat understandable, I do think it leads to the impression that you have about it not being discussed much.

There are a few recent threads about K-1s being returned to the US and several of us posted some very good info on it. Even immigration attorneys are giving bad advice because they don't understand the ramifications of abandoning it and going forward with an I-130.

I think Carl or Lee mentioned some 'out of view' communication with blue and white slippers. I, too, get some PMs that start out "I didn't want to post this....".

Michael, you certainly have reason to rant. I can't imagine what I would do if I were in your shoes.

My sincere thanks to all of you. Sorry I took this off topic. Think I'll go scrounge up some "comfort" food and get away from this computer for a while. :pc:

I've seen that with blue, and especially white slips. After the initial rant, folks tend to clam up and keep stuff to themselves. While that is somewhat understandable, I do think it leads to the impression that you have about it not being discussed much.

There are a few recent threads about K-1s being returned to the US and several of us posted some very good info on it. Even immigration attorneys are giving bad advice because they don't understand the ramifications of abandoning it and going forward with an I-130.

I think Carl or Lee mentioned some 'out of view' communication with blue and white slippers. I, too, get some PMs that start out "I didn't want to post this....".

Michael, you certainly have reason to rant. I can't imagine what I would do if I were in your shoes.

My sincere thanks to all of you. Sorry I took this off topic. Think I'll go scrounge up some "comfort" food and get away from this computer for a while. :pc:

It's perfectly fine to rant and scream, it's frustrating to say the least. But when it comes down to preparing and presenting your overcome evidence you need to be cool, calm and collected, anger will only make the process move slower or backwards which can only hurt you.

Personally if I were in your situation I'd consider trying to have the sob of an ex prcecuted, that would give you plenty of evidence to present as the PSB nailed him and the dates of his actions would be shown in the record.

It's perfectly fine to rant and scream, it's frustrating to say the least. But when it comes down to preparing and presenting your overcome evidence you need to be cool, calm and collected, anger will only make the process move slower or backwards which can only hurt you.

Personally if I were in your situation I'd consider trying to have the sob of an ex prcecuted, that would give you plenty of evidence to present as the PSB nailed him and the dates of his actions would be shown in the record.

Actually, another member of CFL has offered their assistance in doing something close to that. I have told Manyun that we will see how the consulate handles this first overcome appointment, and the documents that I put together for her. I see 3 different directions it could go, but if they insist on us finding him for the evidence, then I will take the aforementioned member up on their offer.

Edited by Michael and Manyun (see edit history)