If you go to the web site on the page with my question and scroll down there is a section that says what to send SO after I-129f is approved question 2 says send all originals of documentry proof that i submittedfor the 1-129f

I need to know in further detail what that means

You folks are so kind thank you for all your help

That website assumes your visa process will take a few months and will likely not face a delay; not the 8-16 months that is more realistic for china...

You should wait closer to the P3 and get past the common delay sections. If you were to get some of the documents too early (ie: notarial translations, employer letter), and then you faced a delay, they could expire and require new ones.

----------------------------------------

Wow !!!! 8-16 months i have filed this thing in may of 2006 wow what a wait.

I should wait to send the I-134 as well ??

Yes, wait closer to inbetween P3 and P4.. just to make sure that no name check delay at the consulate doesn't make any documents expire...

Congrats! Buckle up, Cowboy, and get ready. Start now and get 3 separate files of everything. Keep records of all paperwork and correspondence. You want to be sure that the government has no reason to deny. Preparation is the key. Best of luck. George

------------

I thought all my stuff was done, I have shown proof of a relationship etc.. I am now confused

Think of it this way. The I-129F that you filed with USCIS was a petition, essentially asking whether your SO is eligible to apply for a visa (free to marry, have met in person, etc.). The USCIS approval (NOA2) is saying that you and she have met the basic requirements. The files will now be transferred to the Department of State (DOS) which actually issues the visa. The files will go first to the National Visa Center (NVC) which is part of DOS for namechecks, then they'll get sent to the consulate at GUZ (also part of DOS). GUZ will eventually send out a packet of information and applications (P3). This is when the actual visa application process begins.

As others have said, because visa processing in China is very slow, most people will pace themselves on when to gather the requisite documents since some of them have to be less than a year old (medical exams, police reports, etc.) at the time of the interview. You can take a look at the consulate's FAQ's ( http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/kvfaq.html ) for some additional information, and David's FAQ's ( http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry233487 ) will also provide you with a wealth of information on the process. And like most of us here, if you don't understand something, post your questions.

Good luck.