Yet more confusion

Greetings All,

Last Friday I rec'd a packet from the NVC with the DS-230 Part I in it, instructions and some other info. My wife and I completed everything and I am waiting for the completed forms to arrive from China so I can submit them. That packet was dated 14 August from NVC.

Today I arrived home and found another request for "OF-230 Part I" from the NVC dated 19 August. It's not a duplicate of the first packet. None of the other stuff that came in the first packet were in this one. There is a page titled "Missing Document list" in it that says I also have to submit copies of my wife's divorce. I submitted those months ago with the original I-129F and I-130. The first packet that arrived last week said that the divorce papers were necessary at the interview. It didn't say to include them in the submission. The barcode sheet in this second packet has the same case number as the one in the first packet, but is in a different format.

Anyone else had this happen to them? Should I send a second completed DS-230 in and include the divorce papers with it? Or should I just add a copy of the divorce papers to the first DS-230 packet that I'll be sending in? Why does this process have to be so bleepin vague! Aarrrgh!

So anyone with a clue I'd be glad to hear it.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, Colorado and GuangZhou, China

Same thing for me - I received the DS-230 part I packet for my wife CR-1 and daughter CR-2 exact dates as you August 14th and then received the checklist packet listing the DS-230 part I as missing for both again dated the same as yours - August 19. I have called NVC and also have received some responses at VJ about this - It is no problem - they are just sending out checklists to show where you are in the process. You don't need to reply to the checklist letter - just send in the DS-230 Part I packet as planned if you haven't already.

Again this letter is simply to let you know what NVC is waiting for before proceeding with approval and forwarding to GUZ.