Question about GUZ Packet 3 Supplement form

I did the same thing on the DS-230 and others, but didn't expect this P-3 form....thank you Splinterman, for the good info. ZZ

Sure thing! You're more than welcome, and best of luck to you!

BTW, just for information's sake here in CFL, I sent a cut-and-paste email copy of Guangzhou's response from the post about GUZ not using or needing the P3 Supplemental Information Sheet, to the NVC. Maybe the electronic processing thing is so new that some minor tweaking needs to be done by them.

At best, it may eliminate future electronic filers from having to mess with this unnecessary form.

BTW, just for information's sake here in CFL, I sent a cut-and-paste email copy of Guangzhou's response from the post about GUZ not using or needing the P3 Supplemental Information Sheet, to the NVC. Maybe the electronic processing thing is so new that some minor tweaking needs to be done by them.

At best, it may eliminate future electronic filers from having to mess with this unnecessary form.

Better read the directions ! http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...T-0004-0904.pdf

Better read the directions ! http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...T-0004-0904.pdf

Randy,

Check this out, from earlier in this post:

QUOTE(DavidZixuan @ Aug 27 2006, 07:57 PM)

QUOTE(scott1956 @ Aug 27 2006, 07:55 PM)

Yeah I just got my DS-230 last week and NVC is still including the supplemental form even though GUZ supposedly isn't using it anymore

Since I asked GUZ in the first place, I'll post again for them to clarify NVC using it...

And GUZ's Response, CR1s can ignore any P3 supplement:

QUOTE(USCONGUZ @ Sep 15 2006, 04:51 AM)

The Consulate no longer uses the P3 supplemental sheet in question. NVC may still be sending them out with their packets, but again, we don't need them on our end here!

I don't know, if GUZ doesn't need the form or info from this form then maybe the NVC just doesn't know it's not necessary at the consulate level.

But, I did send them the completed form as they asked. If I hear anything from them in regards to this issue I'll post what they say.

In this case, we need to hear from GUZ again...

That GUZ updated their own form and put GZO (only relevant for electronic processing) on one of the lines implies they expect it's use.

At least, that is how I would interpret this at this point.

Ah, no! Even GUZ is telling you that the NVC requires it.

That link is on the Dept of State web site, and is linked to from "US Embassy/Consulate General-specific information

Appointment NVC Processing"

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html

It would be great to actually hear from the NVC on this, because I know of a couple other people who didn't send this form. They didn't see it in the required document info links for the electronic processing, either, so it is not an easy thing to find or know about.

My guess is, that my emails will go into the Great Abyss and we'll be no closer to solving this issue than any other ones where we need direction/info from our government...

That link is on the Dept of State web site, and is linked to from "US Embassy/Consulate General-specific information

It would be great to actually hear from the NVC on this, because I know of a couple other people who didn't send this form. They didn't see it in the required document info links for the electronic processing, either, so it is not an easy thing to find or know about.

My guess is, that my emails will go into the Great Abyss and we'll be no closer to solving this issue than any other ones where we need direction/info from our government...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

After receiving notification from the NVC to begin Applicant Document Processing, all applicants MUST:

1. Review the Children who are about to turn 21 years of age instructions IF the applicant or a child of the applicant is about to turn 21 years of age,

2. Complete the Application For Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Forms DS-230 Part I and Part II .

3. Obtain and submit the applicant¡¯s civil documents.

4. Obtain and submit photographs that meet the Department of State's immigration requirements.

5. Review the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General-specific information.

6. Mail the DS-230 and the applicant¡¯s civil documents, and the applicant's photographs to the NVC.

7. What happens next?

From the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General-specific information (after selecting GUZ)

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...T-0004-0904.pdf

It's YOUR application. Are you here to bad-mouth the government, or to get your wife a visa?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

After receiving notification from the NVC to begin Applicant Document Processing, all applicants MUST:

1. Review the Children who are about to turn 21 years of age instructions IF the applicant or a child of the applicant is about to turn 21 years of age,

2. Complete the Application For Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Forms DS-230 Part I and Part II .

3. Obtain and submit the applicant¡¯s civil documents.

4. Obtain and submit photographs that meet the Department of State's immigration requirements.

5. Review the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General-specific information.

6. Mail the DS-230 and the applicant¡¯s civil documents, and the applicant's photographs to the NVC.

7. What happens next?

From the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General-specific information (after selecting GUZ)

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...T-0004-0904.pdf

It's YOUR application. Are you here to bad-mouth the government, or to get your wife a visa?

Randy,

There is no bad-mouthing of the government going on here. It didn't appear that this form was necessary in light of the fact that the information the NVC wanted from this form they already had anyway from the petition AND that GUZ said they no longer use the form and have no use for it.

I don't understand why you have to appear hostile and argumentative in your posts. I'll do what I need to do to help my wife get her visa and come here to the USA, with or without help from you OR anyone else who feels it is necessary to adopt a sarcastic, condescending, belligerant or overly critical tone in any posted response.

If you'd like to offer your help or opinion that's fine and it's always welcome. Maybe it's the way you word your replies but you come across as a stern father figure and I find it unnecessary and over the top on any point you are trying to make.

NVC may required it and not GUZ; so what to do? You'll have to send it anyways.

GUZ may require it but NVC not mention it; so what to do? You'll have to send it anyways.

At this point, the common sense issue is to send it based on what we see. The presence of the forms layout needs to trump a 3 year old message from GUZ, IMO.

It would be good to know if those other people who did not send it were processed without it? Or did all get it requested?

Most people come here to post they received it from NVC and what to do about it... if NVC is sending it out, it's an inherent instruction to return it.

NVC may required it and not GUZ; so what to do? You'll have to send it anyways.

GUZ may require it but NVC not mention it; so what to do? You'll have to send it anyways.

At this point, the common sense issue is to send it based on what we see. The presence of the forms layout needs to trump a 3 year old message from GUZ, IMO.

It would be good to know if those other people who did not send it were processed without it? Or did all get it requested?

Most people come here to post they received it from NVC and what to do about it... if NVC is sending it out, it's an inherent instruction to return it.

Yes, that's true. I didn't hesitate to complete the form and return it to the NVC because I certainly don't want our petition's processing to be held up. I did that right away.

The questions about the form's relevancy to the NVC and GUZ was just a secondary thing. I may or may not hear anything from them about the continued need for this form, but I would lean towards not getting any response at all.

The one individual I know for sure who also experienced this also did not complete the form, or know anything about it, until they also received an email notice from the NVC that they had to complete and transmit the P3 form to complete the electronic processing of their CR-1. They also said that they didn't see that form listed in the requirements of things needed to be emailed to the NVC.