Question about GUZ Packet 3 Supplement form

Greetings All,

Just rec'd the DS-230 form from NVC. There is a crudely Xeroxed form in there that is labelled "Packet 3 Supplemental Information Sheet." I am confused about item 4, which asks for the "Name of each Applicant in Chinese Standard Telegraphic Code or Si Jiao Hao Ma."

What are they talking about?

Here's a link to the form, I scanned it into PDF and posted it:

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, Colorado & GuangZhou, China

That's interesting.. since GUZ told us that it's no longer used by them.. maybe NVC doesn't know it yet.

The P3 supplemental information sheet is no longer used by the Consulate for K visa applications.

or maybe the NVC was told to use all of their old forms up before using the new ones. My son works for the government and he has told me this happens a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I just got my DS-230 last week and NVC is still including the supplemental form even though GUZ supposedly isn't using it anymore :P

Since I asked GUZ in the first place, I'll post again for them to clarify NVC using it...

And GUZ's Response, CR1s can ignore any P3 supplement:

The Consulate no longer uses the P3 supplemental sheet in question. NVC may still be sending them out with their packets, but again, we don't need them on our end here!

• 3 years later...

The Consulate no longer uses the P3 supplemental sheet in question. NVC may still be sending them out with their packets, but again, we don't need them on our end here!

===============================================

I received a check list from the NVC and one item they want is the, Packet 3 Supplement Information Sheet.

I found it and made some copies...there are 6 items they want, but there isn't enough room to write...no space between lines.

Who is supposed to sign the sheet, me or my Chinese wife?

===============================================

I received a check list from the NVC and one item they want is the, Packet 3 Supplement Information Sheet.

I found it and made some copies...there are 6 items they want, but there isn't enough room to write...no space between lines.

Who is supposed to sign the sheet, me or my Chinese wife?

This is interesting. I didn't include one of these forms when I emailed all the documents to the NVC to finish our electronic processing for our CR-1.

This afternoon I received an email from the NVC that they want me to complete the P3 Supplemental Information Form and then email it to them so their processing of our electronic CR-1 can be completed.

This is interesting. I didn't include one of these forms when I emailed all the documents to the NVC to finish our electronic processing for our CR-1.

This afternoon I received an email from the NVC that they want me to complete the P3 Supplemental Information Form and then email it to them so their processing of our electronic CR-1 can be completed.

How are you going to fill it out? And who is supposed to sign it?

How are you going to fill it out? And who is supposed to sign it?

The beneficiary signs and dates the form.

I've already downloaded the actual form, and then made up another paper with the questions on it on Wordpad, and left enough space between the 6 questions to write in the info they wanted.

Then, I emailed it to my wife in China. She downloaded and printed it and signed and dated the actual form where indicated, then filled out the additional page I sent her, and scanned and emailed both pages back to me. She will keep her original downloaded copies to show at her interview. Her scanned signature is good enough for the electronic processing.

If it weren't for questions #3 and 4, that ask for her name and then address to be written in Chinese character, I could have done the form myself. Obviously, I can't write in Chinese character.

This year before leaving her in China I had her sign her name about 20 times on a blank piece of paper. When I've needed her signature on a form I just used an Exacto knife and cut one of the signatures out and pasted it onto the form. Since everything I used this method on was sent by electronic processing it doesn't show as a cut-and-paste thing. But I made sure she got a copy of all forms like this, and that she actually signs the original copy she is keeping for her interview.

I should have gotten her to do the same thing with her name in Chinese character but I didn't know I would need that, at that time.

I had previously taken 2 copies of the G-325A (and DS-230) with me when I went to China and got her to actually sign those ahead of our filing, and they were the ones I used in the original petitions. They are the only originally-signed documents we've used right off the bat...