has anyone heard of this

My financee is on her way to her interview. She just told me that it is possible that the VO could call me at my home while she is at the interview and ask me how I know her. Of course I know all things about her so answering any question they might have will be easy;) I just have never seen anyone on CFL talk about this. Just curious if anyone has had the VO call them during the interview. Personally, I hope they do as I know for certain this will seal our visa :)

I guess anything's possible, but I have my doubts for several reasons. First, I haven't heard of it being done, but maybe one of the members who has dealt with the consulate can shed some light on it. Second, I wonder if a VO would bother taking time from an otherwise very short interview timeframe to place a call when the "blue slip" approach is faster. Third, the time differences seem odd, particularly if the USC is in an Eastern US time zone.

Frank I have a tendancy to agree with you. My SO says that this has happened to friends of hers and seeing as she is very thorough she told me to stay home and answer the phone..........lol

Here's my guess. She just wants to make sure your at home for her "passed" phone call rather than hanging at the bar killing time with your buds. :P Now that she has told you this, when the phone rings, you'll be so nervous that it might be the VO. Chinese women can be very good practical jokers. :D