Question about emails as evidence

In a 20 minute or less interview, presentation and image are everything. That's why I advocate the 3 part, 5 foot tall, hinged backdrop. :clapping:

What they may pull as a random selection out of a stack of emails should present a good picture. Volume can be indicated by a log of dates and times. What you keep handy in your kitchen sink is another issue - you are limited only by what you care to carry.

I don't buy the use of email as evidence at all.

How hard is it to fake emails? EXTREMELY easy. How hard is it to fake hand written letters dated and posted marked? MUCH more difficult.

I can wait until the week before the P3 is sent off to churn out 50 emails back dating it. I certainly can't do that with hand written letters and proper postmarks on the envelopes.

Personally, I don't even write emails much anymore. In this day of Skype, webcam and cell phones, talking is about all that I do. I have not written a snail mail letter--although I personally think that's the best evidence--and I rarely write email of significance. Everything is done through Skype or Jajah. (BTW, have you guys heard of Jajah.com? Free telephone calls to China). So I really don't have much of a trail. I'm NOT suggesting others do as I am doing. But I think I'm fine. I am not concerned about evidence of our genuine relationship.

Emails are ALWAYS acceptable evidence of an ongoing relationship. Logs showing date and time of emails, phone calls, and/or chats are acceptable as well. These are even easier to fake.

For those of us who don't share a common alphabet with our SO's, any written communication would be meaningless.

What you need to do is present a valid relationship to the VO, showing whatever metod of communication you actually used in whatever format is appropriate.

I still write 3 snail mail's each week (84 cents air mail, and takes 8 days). I actually enjoy it as much as she does opening them up in front of each other on the web cam, it's like a mini birthday each week. I always include a couple of photos in each letter. She writes me 1 snail mail letter each week (.6-.8yuan air mail depending on weight) and also includes photos.

Web cam, chat logs and phone are nice, but touching a letter that she just wrote is the next best thing to being there. :D

You do not need a holiday to send a card by snail mail. I send one once a week if possible and they are a bit mushy Go to wallmart and get blue mountain arts for 4 Dollars . My SO says men in China will not do these things often. So it sets me apart from other men she has dated in the past. From what I understand from this immigration book I have the VO is looking for additional documents to prove a steady and ongoing relationship to cover the time frame after you have summited the petition. Your E-mails cover this along with phone bills and snail mail. This shows you can communicate and you are working to make the relationship stronger.If your SO has trouble with english a card is a great way to go.It is difficult to send flowers so send a card with a rose on it. The more you can show you have a loving relationship the easier it will be come interview time . The biggest problem with this process is we do not know what the flavor of the week or month is. I have read that some VO's only desire to see phone bills,others e-mails and still others snail mail. They do not desire to see any other correspondence so yes cover your bases.