Returned I-864 for CR-2 & Other Suff

OK today I received a letter from NVC (CHECKLIST) indicating that they have reviewed the CR-2 application and it is missing or needs additional information. I aslo received the same letter for the CR-1 application I submitted. For both they indicate that they are missing DS-230 Part I which confusses me as I just received the NVC generated DS-230 Part I on 8/23/06 which are complete and ready to be mailed on Monday.

For the CR-1 this was the only thing indicated as missing - do I need to send in a copy of the DS-230 that is being sent on Monday?

Why would they do this?

For the CR-2 they have also sent back the I-864 that was submitted for my 5 year old step-daughter that is immigrating with her mother. Based on instruction IV. Principal Applicants (immigrants) and Accompanying Dependents I submitted a photocopy of the I-864 that was being submitted with the CR-1 (Principal Applicant?) and included her name in Part 3 as an accompanying dependent.

NVC has returned the copy submitted for the CR-2 for the following:

Part 3

The biographic information provided in this part does not match the principal applicant of the associated petition.

Family members are not allowed in this section under this visa petition. The sponsor should complete a separate I-864 for each family member.

I am now a little confused about this ( since they apparently haved reviewed the original I-864 submitted for my wife with the CR-1 and don't have any problems with it and both I-864's were exactly the same since I only submitted a copy for the CR-2.

They also indicate that under Sponsor's Household Size section that the number on Line 2 does not equal the number of applicants listed in Part 3. Again very strange since they are OK with the original I submitted which lists My wife and then my step-daughter as a child immigrating with wife named above - this totals 2 immigrants being sponsored in this I-864 which is what I put on Line 2.

Also indicates that Line 5 from Sponsor's Household Size does not equal the sum of the numbers listed in lines 1 through 4 - WHAT :( the last time I checked 1 plus 2 equaled 3, but then again I am only an accountant so who knows?

Finally, they indicate that the Determination of Eligibility Based on Income is all wrong - number on line 2 does not correspond to the number on line 5 of Sponsor's Household size which I show as 3 in both places - I am guessing this is the result of the previous issues, but who knows.

I could really use some help interrupting this request from NVC :lol:

I'm not sure about the DS-230 question and maybe someone with firsthand knowledge can guide you. It would seem to me that if the letter from NVC is just a checklist, your sending the DS-230 separately as you planned would fill the bill.

On the I-864 questions, take a look at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=18710&hl= where the question about how to list family members on their respective I-864s was discussed.

I'm not sure about the DS-230 question and maybe someone with firsthand knowledge can guide you. It would seem to me that if the letter from NVC is just a checklist, your sending the DS-230 separately as you planned would fill the bill.

On the I-864 questions, take a look at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=18710&hl= where the question about how to list family members on their respective I-864s was discussed.

OK I do think I have most of the answers and I will call NVC Monday morning to verify. I have been told at VJ that the checklist with regards to the DS-230 Part I is standard - apparently they just get ahead of themselves - so I don't need to do anything about this except just send in my original DS-230's on Monday as planned.

I need to file separate I-864's for my wife and step-daughter and put N/A in part 3 and then there would only be 2 total for household size (me and the principal applicant which will be my wife in the CR-1 & my stepdaughter in the separate I-864 for the CR-2).

My last question hiopefully on this matter is should I prepare a new I-864 for the CR-1 even though they haven't sent it back (it has to be wrong) and if so, would I just send it back with the barcoded sheet that was sent questioning no DS-230 with a letter explaining? :P

I think that the key issue in thinking about this, when you have a CR1 and CR2 is:

- that each immigrant is a "principle applicant"; the CR2 is not a dependent.

- Therefore, they have their own I-864 (no photocopying) and on each form there should only be a household size of two; the primary sponsor (USC) and the primary applicant(mother on one form; daughter on other form).

Hopefully filling out the form becomes easier once you proceed from this premise.

---------

DS-230 issue:

I've seen this before and put a similar comment in the FAQ... My understanding is that you get this message as simply informational; they are simply stating they don't have it yet.

It's a timing thing... if you send in the DS-230 too early (prior to the generated time), NVC won't accept it; if you send it in once you get the generated one, they respond with a message of not having it yet... Just send it in.

I had originally thought I was supposed to file separate I-864's but when I got to the household size I made the incorrect assumption that it should be 3 and how could that be if I filed separate I-864's - I guess I made a wrong turn there. What is it they say about making assumptions :P

Anyways I do see now the error of my ways and will prepare new I-864's - just don't know how to handle re-submitting the new I-864 for the CR-1 since it wasn't returned or mentioned in the letter from NVC.

NVC can only ask for a correction to the forms.. they do not adjudicate them; only GUZ can do that.. I think that somewhere the numbers will not total correctly at some point... maybe NVC just doesn't see it now.

I would re-do both I-864's... at some point, if they don't add up correctly (ie: household size has to be correct overall once the two are added together), you'll get another request or blue slip.

I'd add a cover letter back to NVC stating the two new forms and the corrections made to both... then let them deal with it.

You can also call NBC and ask their advice...