OT - help cure cancer

Since many people at candle are online alot, either reading and posting or chatting with loved ones I thought this would be a good group to tell about the UD project(s).

What this is, is a program that runs in the background, using all the idle cpu time your cpu has between your keystrokes and such. It uses this time to run things like protein models that will aid in finding cures for things such as cancer and smallpox,.

If you are interested in donating your idle comuting time to this goto:

UD download

then please go here to team the language bin team

Language Bin UD Team

Feel free to repost this on other BBS's the more people that run this the faster they get results.

While I could elaborate, since all I would be doing is recapping the elaborations that are available from the links I provided, it would probably be best if you actually followed the first link then clicked on some of the FAQs that are linked to from that page. They can explain it far better then I can. If you did follow the links you would see this has been an ongoing project for awhile, the cancer part is now in phase II after the University of Oxford though the phase one results were promising enough to do another phase, and is sponsered by the likes of the University of Oxford Chemical Dept., IBM life science solutions, National Foundation for Cancer Research, and the Medial Research Institute of Infectious Diseases and others yet. My understanding is that it is breaking new ground in modeling that only the massive computing power the internet can serve to tap, and advance in modleing from completing the human genome allow.

As I said, all this is better explained by the FAQs at the links I gave, did you even follow the link?