I-94 is going to expire

My wife arrived in United States with less than 6 months before her passport expired. Since her passport was going to expire, the Customs and Borders official put an expiration date of 90 days on her I-94. The Custom official said all she needs to do is have her passport renew or extended, and we can get a new I-94. We went to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco, and got her passport extended. Now does anyone have a phone number or address we can go to get a new I-94. I live in the Sacramento Metro Area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Edited by TJ500 (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
My wife arrived in United States with less than 6 months before her passport expired.  Since her passport was going to expire, the Customs and Borders official put an expiration date of 90 days on her I-94.  The Custom official said all she needs to do is have her passport renew or extended, and we can get a new I-94.  We went to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco, and got her passport extended.  Now does anyone have a phone number or address we can go to get a new I-94.  I live in the Sacramento Metro Area.

237868[/snapback]

There is a USCIS office in Sacramento.

My wife arrived in United States with less than 6 months before her passport expired.  Since her passport was going to expire, the Customs and Borders official put an expiration date of 90 days on her I-94.  The Custom official said all she needs to do is have her passport renew or extended, and we can get a new I-94.  We went to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco, and got her passport extended.  Now does anyone have a phone number or address we can go to get a new I-94.  I live in the Sacramento Metro Area.

237868[/snapback]

You can make an InfoPass appointment online to go to the local office and get this done.

I know JT said that his "wife" entered the US and one can infer that he expected her to get a 6 month I-94 but just to double check ...

K1 enters US, marries, files for AOS, I-94 expires ... no problem, situation normal ... right?

237994[/snapback]

The comment from the POE (Immigration official, not customs) about needing to get her passport renewed to get a new I-94 gave me the impression of a K-3.

But on K-1 your right, it's strictly a non-renewable 90 day stamp.