Questions about addresses and phone numbers

Hi. I am having trouble filling in some of the questions for the I-129F forms. My fiance lives in Taicheng Town of Taishan City of Guangdong Province.

For question #2, would I put Taicheng for (Town or City) and Taishan for (State or Country)? Does it matter if I include "Town" or "City" (ex. Taishan or Taishan City, Taicheng or Taicheng Town)

And for question #15, would I put also put Taicheng for (Town or City), but put Guangdong for (State or Province) ? Or for (State or Province), put back Taishan instead?

Also for question #15 regarding the phone number, my fiance's area code is 750. So should I put +86 750 xxx (xxx being his main phone)? Do I have to put +011 86 750 xxx, as +011 is the code to call from USA to China?

And last (phew), question #16. Kind of confused about this Q. Would I need to write in Chinese my fiance's name and full address? If so, Chinese simplified or Chinese traditional? Not sure if this is what they (USCIS) were looking for...

Thanks.

Edited by Tiger320 (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Hi. I am having trouble filling in some of the questions for the I-129F forms. My fiance lives in Taicheng Town of Taishan City of Guangdong Province.

For question #2, would I put Taicheng for (Town or City) and Taishan for (State or Country)? Does it matter if I include "Town" or "City" (ex. Taishan or Taishan City, Taicheng or Taicheng Town)

And for question #15, would I put also put Taicheng for (Town or City), but put Guangdong for (State or Province) ? Or for (State or Province), put back Taishan instead?

Also for question #15 regarding the phone number, my fiance's area code is 750. So should I put +86 750 xxx (xxx being his main phone)? Do I have to put +011 86 750 xxx, as +011 is the code to call from USA to China?

And last (phew), question #16. Kind of confused about this Q. Would I need to write in Chinese my fiance's name and full address? If so, Chinese simplified or Chinese traditional? Not sure if this is what they (USCIS) were looking for...

Thanks.

237434[/snapback]

Question 2. Taicheng CHINA, but you will also need the complete address. Usually it won't fit in this place. I just referred them to number 15 where the whole address fit in the two lines. Of course I had to put more than just the Country in the second line. You can also refer to an attached page for both address sections

When they say "town or city" "state or country" the OR is the operative. They are not asking whether it is a town or a city. They are simply saying this is the place to put the name of the town, or name of city, whichever is applicable. In question 2, it seems more practical to give the country than to skip the country and use just the state. The complete address is shown in 15 anyway.

I used the +86.....with no problem. USCIS understands this method.

Question 15. Yes it's the full name and address in your SO's alphabet. In mainland China, that is Simplified Characters. In Hong Kong or Taiwan it is Traditional Characters. Again, you can refer to an attached document if needed.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Put the Provence name where they ask for state, they equate to the same thing.

Taicheng Town = Taicheng District

Taishan = City

Guangdong = State

China = Country

237443[/snapback]

Sorry for the lateness, I've been busy and swarmed with work.

So I guess for #2, I can put the address (number/street) like: xxxxxxx, Taicheng Town. There's actually enough space alotted. Then just put Taishan (town/city), China (state/country), and the postal code. For #15, I'll again write it out. Do you think this should work? Thanks again.

Last thing is I have typed out the chinese simplified text with my SO's name/address. However, it does not read in Adobe. I tried installing the Chinese fonts for Adobe, and still nothing. Any tips on getting chinese letters in Adobe? Thanks once again.

Put the Provence name where they ask for state, they equate to the same thing.

Taicheng Town = Taicheng District

Taishan = City

Guangdong = State

China = Country

237443[/snapback]

Sorry for the lateness, I've been busy and swarmed with work.

So I guess for #2, I can put the address (number/street) like: xxxxxxx, Taicheng Town. There's actually enough space alotted. Then just put Taishan (town/city), China (state/country), and the postal code. For #15, I'll again write it out. Do you think this should work? Thanks again.

Last thing is I have typed out the chinese simplified text with my SO's name/address. However, it does not read in Adobe. I tried installing the Chinese fonts for Adobe, and still nothing. Any tips on getting chinese letters in Adobe? Thanks once again.

239097[/snapback]

Sounds like you've got the address where it will all fit.

As for Chinese characters, I haven't been successful in getting them into the fillable forms from USCIS, but you can put them on a Word document and adjust the location so you can run the form through the printer a second time and have them print in the correct location.