medical 'hardship' expedite

Are any of you senior members here, aware of a provision for a medical 'hardship' expedite, for the processing of the K-1 visa??

I just found out yesterday, that my elderly Mother (age 80) has cancer. It does not look good for her now. If a doctor writes a letter to the appropriate agency, can the process, which is dragging out now, be expedited so my Mother is able to meet my Fiancée before she passes ??

Guest pushbrk
Are any of you senior members here, aware of a provision for a medical 'hardship' expedite, for the processing of the K-1 visa??

I just found out yesterday, that my elderly Mother (age 80) has cancer.  It does not look good for her now.  If a doctor writes a letter to the appropriate agency, can the process, which is dragging out now, be expedited so my Mother is able to meet my Fiancée before she passes ??

237253[/snapback]

Not a senior member, but I can tell you from personal experience that writing, pleading and or begging will have no effect whatsoever. My father is old, going blind and has a heart condition. I sent copies of letters from his doctor, along with hospital diagnostic records, to NVC and they informed me that only in cases directly involving the petitioner, i.e. life or death, would they expedite a case. Sorry, but true. My best to mom and I hope she hangs in there.

Steve

237290[/snapback]

This sounds correct to me. My wife has a friend who will arrive at LAX with her and was interviewed the same day in GUZ. It is unclear just what visa was granted in this CR1 case but a month ago she did not have a P4. The husband was visiting China when he had a leg circulation problem that required emergency hospitalization in Nanning. He's had a heart bypass and is diabetic.

They were able to stabilize him enough that he could return to the US to amputate his leg. Somehow, an interview was expedited for her and she is coming to the USA. I'll try to ask more about the circumstances tonight but I don't think health of a petitioner's relative can be used as justification for any special treatment.