K1 2nd Letter of Intent notary fee

Peachy

Just an fyi...

Went to the Guangzhou consulate just now to have the 2nd letter of intent notarized. The notarized first letter was already included with the original petition. The second letter is the one that I wrote close to our interview date which is effectively a "status update" of what has happened since the original petition.

Here's the kicker: It cost money to have it notarized. $30US

I asked if it was free and he said only if they ask for it on the blue slip, but since I was doing this before the interview it wasn't required so you have to pay.

Also, I was going to have the 2005 tax papers and bank statements from 2006 notarized but he said those are no longer required to be notarized either. I am assuming (which I hate to do) that since they already have in the original K1 petition my:

2003 and 2004 tax papers

2005 bank statements

employment letter verifying income

that the updated/current ones since the time of the initial filing (12/31/2005) are not required (yet).

We shall see... we shall see...

Peachy

Getting anxious and looking forward to the flight back to US.

Guest pushbrk
Just an fyi...

Went to the Guangzhou consulate just now to have the 2nd letter of intent notarized.  The notarized first letter was already included with the original petition.  The second letter is the one that I wrote close to our interview date which is effectively a "status update" of what has happened since the original petition.

Here's the kicker:  It cost money to have it notarized.  $30US

I asked if it was free and he said only if they ask for it on the blue slip, but since I was doing this before the interview it wasn't required so you have to pay. 

Also, I was going to have the 2005 tax papers and bank statements from 2006 notarized but he said those are no longer required to be notarized either.  I am assuming (which I hate to do) that since they already have in the original K1 petition my:

2003 and 2004 tax papers

2005 bank statements

employment letter verifying income

that the updated/current ones since the time of the initial filing (12/31/2005) are not required (yet).

We shall see... we shall see...

Peachy

Getting anxious and looking forward to the flight back to US.

234962[/snapback]

Only one letter of intent is required.

It would appear from your target date to pick up the visa, that your interview date is "very close" to that of my wife and Gary and Sherry. Hopefully we can ring those bells three times that day. :D :)

only one letter of intent required?

I know one was sent in with I-129F and I though another was required during interview.  ?????

235977[/snapback]

Not required, but sometimes a reaffirmation of your intent can be helpful. But NEITHER is required to be notarized.

235979[/snapback]

ok sorry for the confusion. I guess I must have misunderstood because I thought there was also some type of letter of intent in the P4 for K1.

K1 (beneficiaries) will recieve with the P4 a "Certificate of legal capacity and intent to marry" which will be signed and notarized by a consular officer at the interview.

In the distant past, there was comments from members about needing an updated "intent to marry".

I will admit to putting such comments in the FAQ in their early stage since I believed (at the time) this was best to do. I will add that 9FAM suggests a good reason for doing one, and I was unfortunately swayed by these comments... but experience with GUZ simply shows no need beyond the one the beneficiary receives in the P4.

I have seen for some time that this is definitely not needed as a petitioner second document and will remove any suggestion of it from the FAQ.

Well, we just got back from the interview (and passed!). Only document of our 6 inch stack that he looked at was the 2nd letter of intent. Not to say that it was needed, but I took the viewpoint that it was "MY" only chance to talk to them again about how important this lady is to me and how much closer we have grown since we started this journey in life together.

Just a thought....

Peachy and Melody