GZ Interview BS

Two-Trees

An open letter to the GZ!

(If you are paying GZ for an interview... are you getting what you paid for?)

To whom it may concern:

My name is Charles Bell. Today my in-laws interviewed for a B-2 visa. I paid about $100 US for each of their applications.

At today’s interview the visa officer, a woman of Korean descent I think, conducted the interview.

Two questions were asked:

1) How did your daughter go to America? (Fiance Visa)

2) What is your salary? (Answer given)

The visa officer did not even open the package of papers we spent 20 hours and about $90 preparing, before she summarily refused the B-2 visa application for a couple that own real estate, have full pensions, and 2 other children (and grandchildren) all in china!

I paid for the matter to be given fair consideration. If the visa officer never examined the paperwork before refusing them, I have clearly not been delivered the service I paid for: a fair consideration of the matter.

Please provide me with the point of contact and the regulations dictate the decision review process. I would like to open an inquiry.

Thank you,

Charles Bell

(This is not over.)

To whom it may concern:

My name is Charles Bell. Today my in-laws interviewed for a B-2 visa. I paid about $100 US for each of their applications.

At today’s interview the visa officer, a woman of Korean descent I think, conducted the interview.

The visa officer did not even open the package of papers we spent 20 hours and about $90 preparing, before she summarily refused the B-2 visa application for a couple that own real estate, have full pensions, and 2 other children (and grandchildren) all in china!

I paid for the matter to be given fair consideration. If the visa officer never examined the paperwork before refusing them, I have clearly not been delivered the service I paid for: a fair consideration of the matter.

Please provide me with the point of contact and the regulations dictate the decision review process. I would like to open an inquiry.

Thank you,

Charles Bell

(This is not over.)

232441[/snapback]

I guess there's some misunderstanding here. I've gone through the B2 interview. Actually the VO makes his/her judgement and decision majorly based on the info provided in the D-156 form. If the VO can obtain enough info from the D-156, no extra doc is needed.

To whom it may concern:

Thank you,

Charles Bell

(This is not over.)

232441[/snapback]

I guess there's some misunderstanding here. I've gone through the B2 interview. Actually the VO makes his/her judgement and decision majorly based on the info provided in the D-156 form. If the VO can obtain enough info from the D-156, no extra doc is needed.

232525[/snapback]

Well I see your point of view.

Here's my point: It is my understanding (and someone correct me if I am wrong) that the decision of whether or not to grant the B-2 visa is be based the question "Are there are sufficient ties to China that they will choose to return to China?"

If the visa officer could not find sufficient evidence of strong ties in the D-156 they had, then they had an obligation to check to see if there was anything in the additional documentation that would serve as proof.

The visa officer did not make any effort to see if there was any additional documentation that would back up the claim of sufficient ties which would make a reasonable argument.

If the D-156 did not indicate enough ties, then it is reasonable that they should have examined the supporting documents (that GUZ suggested we bring) in search of additional proof.

This was not done by the visa officer; hence my in-laws did not get a decision made by a fully informed decision maker.

This opportunity to present the facts of the matter for consideration is a SERVICE that I PAID FOR.

After about $300 in fees, 20 hours of misc paperwork prep, and 16 hours travel by train to the interview... 5 minutes of time to fully examine the papers is not at all unreasonable.

I paid for their application to be examined and given consideration based on the facts of the matter. This was not done.

So I will work through channels until I get what I paid for. :unsure:

Sorry to hear of your troubles. My inlaws have no problem comming and going to the USA on B1 and B2 all the time. My inlaws though have a large company that does quite a bit of business between the USA and China.

Seems like the richer you are in China, the easier it is to come to the USA

Sorry to hear of your troubles.  My inlaws have no problem comming and going to the USA on B1 and B2 all the time.  My inlaws though have a large company that does quite a bit of business between the USA and China.

Seems like the richer you are in China, the easier it is to come to the USA

232631[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip...

In other news... the GUZ sent me a note telling me that if I paid about $6 I could talk to them for 12 minutes...

So I paid the $6 and guess what... the GUZ phone phone system says the PIN number issued me by the GUZ payment system is an invaild PIN.

Like a well oiled machine... not!

More news to come.

This is not over!